Live shows

shit i already booked a room at the gay street Holiday Inn. Slough Feg is a bucket list band for me. i still need to get that day off confirmed from work but even if i have to work I could still get into Baltimore to catch the show that day. I'm also seeing Manilla Road in NJ that Thursday before the fest.

Reactions: rms
Fuck, as much as I loved Megadeth before tonight, I love them even more after seeing them live. Fucking killer set and phenomenal performance. Mustaine can't hit some of the higher notes, but other than that, the band is stellar. But why in the fuck is Megadeth opening for Scorpions? There was such an insane drop in energy between the "opener" and the "headliner." Gave Scorpions about seven songs, but it was a pretty unengaging performance, so I decided to beat the traffic and take off early. It's bullshit that Megadeth played only 11 songs. At the very least the two bands should have split the time. Hopefully, next time they come they headline and just do a smaller venue.

Reactions: zerostatic
You've never seen Megadeth before? Kind of a surprise since they tour all the time. They definitely kick ass live, but Dave's voice hasnt been aging too well in the past 5-10 years. The musicianship is as tight as ever though, definitely one of if not the best mainstream metal acts still doing it.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/days-of-darkness-festival-tickets-31832083619#tickets

anyone going to this? just spotted a nice 25$ hostel 10m walk from the venue

Yup, just bought tickets and a hotel room last week for Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

WITTR/Pillorian tonight! I don't go to many shows but that's a ticket I couldn't pass up. Must delve into the clusterfuck that is the city of Atlanta.

BLS/Corrosion of Conformity announced a tour for January/February and it is coming to Cincy. Relevant to my interests!

Been wanting to catch BLS live for years. This will be my third time catching CoC live.

You've never seen Megadeth before? Kind of a surprise since they tour all the time. They definitely kick ass live, but Dave's voice hasnt been aging too well in the past 5-10 years. The musicianship is as tight as ever though, definitely one of if not the best mainstream metal acts still doing it.
I've only seen them once, in 1991 on the Rust in Peace tour
IMG_0009.PNG

Also @EternalMetal please post more, this place is overrun with idiocy of late.

Post your reaction. I'm on the fence about goig when they come to LA.

Pillorian was meh. They had so much distortion and the drums were so loud you could barely make out the guitar melodies. That said, the drumming was on point. I found myself following the drums most of their set and there were some really fun parts. Wouldn't hurt to skip them if you don't like just following a drumline.

Wolves was great. One of my favorite shows behind maybe an Opeth show and Slayer on the Reign In Blood full album tour they did in '04. Setlist matches prior shows:
  1. Born From the Serpent's Eye
  2. Dea Artio
  3. Vastness and Sorrow
  4. The Old Ones Are With Us
  5. Queen of the Borrowed Light
  6. I Will Lay Down My Bones Among the Rocks and Roots
They especially nailed it on Serpents Eye & Vastness And Sorrow. Afterwards I spoke with the drummer Aaron briefly at the bar about the before-set music. They were playing some great moody ambient/folky shit. He said he would see about getting the playlist posted on their website or something since folks have asked about it before. Hoping he does, was a nice guy!

I saw Megadeth on their recent tour with Meshuggah as support. They are tight as ever as musicians but yeah, Dave's voice is hanging on by a thread at this point. Mustaine will always be one of my favorite guitar players.