Live Videos Thread

I have to say AYDY has grown to be one of my favourite live tracks. Actually this song together with LDB sound just awesome these times. I have realized AYDY is a bloody great and genious song with awesome riffing, drumming and vocals, but it's been plagued by one horrible, horrible weak point: the chorus. But I have noticed in the 2012 vids of this song COB have turned up the keyboard volume a bit for the chorus, and it sounds moody and sick as fuck this way. I think I'm hearing it louder than before, but it's been clear they've used the keyboard more on top live before than on the album. It was really a huge mistake imo the keyboards were mixed too faint on songs 1, 2, 4, which really include some mezmerizing keyboard magic. I always recommended they do this, even personally to Janne and Henkka.

As for Living Dead Beat, the verse riffing and the chorus have grown on me as extremely catchy and the chorus is beyond sexual with the extremely catchy keys, riffs and vocal lines. These days my taste indicates the intro with the cheesy keyboard is lame and I wish it were more faint and simple, focusing more on the recorded synth/bass keyboard intro and guitars. Add to that the storm/lightning intro and you have a fucking beast of a melodic DM song. Punch Me I Bleed has immense potential as the unique keyboards and riffs make it atmospheric and doomy, and it's a great shame this is one of the tracks (together with Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood) that could've been absolute hits if harnessed with proper attention in the studio. I wish all these songs mentioned (as well as Chokehold) would be featured on a future live DVD.

I don't know if I already told you or not that there is no keyboard during the AYDY chorus on the album version. So there's no reason always to nag about the weak or too quiet keys in songs.

It could be they just added a background for live use. It's the same chords as Alexi's rhythm? It could also be (like the band has suggested) they have lots of keys on the album which just aren't very audible (or completely mixed down).

I think it would fit the song if the chorus keyboard also used some kind of vibration pattern effect at some points (not traditional vibration). I suppose they figured the chorus is terrible and needs the keyboard to make it sound good, and also Janne has complained about it being a boring live song for the keyboardist.

Well, I really like the chorus. It's one of my favorites and on the album version there is no need for keys in the background because people (like you) already think there is keys. That's called magic. ;)

It's no problem to do it with most of our DAW's but it wouldn't make the song sound more death by just putting keys in the background... When I'm completely woken up, I will experiment a bit with the chorus...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZS83ugTMfA&feature=related[/ame]

This intro is very good, it sounds so holy compared to COB's demonic folkmetal. The keyboard support during some verses of Warheart is nice. Like I said late winter they should take the mood from Warheart when starting to write their new album cos the culmination of the true COB vibe and atmosphere is in this song, at least for me, one of the band's most everlasting songs for sure. Of course SNBN is the greatest song ever composed in the history of mankind and the greatest there will ever be, but I'm still at awe over why the band won't try something similar again.

Some really shitty sounds on this vid and some unconsidered camera angles.

There's some nice dark atmosphere done with the keyboard between some songs here such as 13:30 - why not carry that stuff to an actual album.

I like how the keyboard adds to the DNW part 31:41 - 31:49. I get this sadistic satisfaction when listening to pieces of metal that sounds both heroic and evil!

However, the part just before they did better in the past: (1:57)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great audio. Was that when Alexi's lungs were fucked because of falling from the bunk, cos he's unable to do vocals properly. I'd really like a video of this song in this quality, but Alexi's interrupting the song after the intro to cheer the crowd, he can't do vocals, and they stop playing the song right before the solos. This is fucked up cos it's one of their most atmospheric solo sequences. Take this song back in control now, it's demanding to be played. Also the keyboard sound used here is brilliant, it's got that little touch of atmospheric vibe in it. Make more songs like this.

Lol Janne having some technical difficulties, listen to this

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, really bad that they havent played the Solo of COD. But i think it only sounds good on the Album cause of the Delays there in.

It's just ridicilous when they announce CHILDREN OF DECADENCE but only play half of it. The solo section is important in the song and it's atsmospheric. It just feel pop'ish as hell to not play it and to think the 'stupid mainstream crowd doesn't understand the solos anyway'... I think it's important now to look back to the past and admit they did some stuff more impressive back then.

Anybody who got Tuska 2003 (the whole show including angels dont kill) and a good vhs quality rip of Seoul 2001?