"In The Studio" Videos

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
I dont know about anyone else, but i love watching videos of bands doing in the studio vids. Its cool just to see how other AE record bands. Here are some links to some bands Studio Diarys. To find the follow up parts to these just look at related videos. If you have any others let me know and i will add them, if not i will let this thread die

In Flames- A sense of purpose

The Absence- Enemy Unbound
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z-sfOS0m20&feature=related[/ame]

Arsis- We Are The Nightmare
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sKdavQqG3M&feature=related[/ame]

Amon Amarth
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX-3si8H6vs&feature=related[/ame]

White Chapel- This Is Exile

White Chapel 2010 album

Trigger The Bloodshed- The Great Depression (The Drummer looks so uncomfortable)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biMUWM4o918&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't be bothered going and looking for them and posting them, but Behemoth have video diaries for the last 3 albums they've recorded I think. :)

Oh man, I would LOVE if there were studio vids for Demigod, but your post is the first mention I've ever heard of 'em :( The Apostasy ones are awesome though (and yes, I suppose the Evangelion ones are too, even if none of the awesome amps ones sees or tones one hears made it onto the final album)

I just had a quick look on youtube and it seems you're right. Not sure why I thought there were some for Demigod now. :lol:

I love the sound of Evangelion, but I'm not sure how much of the amp sound I can put down to Recto and how much of the sound comes down to other stuff. On the DVD you get with the album, the translation isn't too good when the brothers (can't be bothered spelling the 'W' name at the moment) talk about what they're using.

"Using Diezel and Summatone, to spice up the sound, Mesa Boogie" or something like that. I don't know if they mean Mesa Boogie is spicing up the sound a little, or whether they mean the Mesa Boogie is the foundation and the other two are spicing up the sound a little.

Either way, I still love it.

Do any of you guys make "In The Studio" Videos?

When we record our album properly, we likely will, but that won't be for a while yet I don't think. I love watching this kind of stuff too, which makes me want to do something similar for my band.

I just had a quick look on youtube and it seems you're right. Not sure why I thought there were some for Demigod now. :lol:

I love the sound of Evangelion, but I'm not sure how much of the amp sound I can put down to Recto and how much of the sound comes down to other stuff. On the DVD you get with the album, the translation isn't too good when the brothers (can't be bothered spelling the 'W' name at the moment) talk about what they're using.

"Using Diezel and Summatone, to spice up the sound, Mesa Boogie" or something like that. I don't know if they mean Mesa Boogie is spicing up the sound a little, or whether they mean the Mesa Boogie is the foundation and the other two are spicing up the sound a little.

Either way, I still love it.

You assume any of the undoubtedly awesome tone they came up with (I love their productions, namely Decapitated, as well as Kronos' "The Hellenic Terror", awful mastering notwithstanding :erk: ) made it onto the album after Colin got his mitts on it :(

Guitars were reamped with randall ultra xl and 5150mk3. They initially tracked 6 tracks apparently but I don't know if they all made it to the mix

Wait, what?

Are you telling me that Evangelion was re-amped through a Randall and a 5150mk3?

I'm not sure if I should be pissed off or not. I still love the tone, but I'm such a big fan of Rectos and the pedigree that surrounds them that I instantly love something more if I know it was tracked with a Recto. I know that sounds stupid but I don't care. :lol:

Like I said...still love the tone, but wow. :(

I'm sure a guy like Josh wouldn't post that unless he was pretty certain of it, so yeah, I'm gonna trust him! (and it's my love of Rectos and the Recto tones of The Apostasy and Demigod that makes me loathe the tone on Evangelion so much, because IMO it has none of the Recto characteristics I adore :()

I'm sure a guy like Josh wouldn't post that unless he was pretty certain of it, so yeah, I'm gonna trust him! (and it's my love of Rectos and the Recto tones of The Apostasy and Demigod that makes me loathe the tone on Evangelion so much, because IMO it has none of the Recto characteristics I adore :()

Yeh.

When I thought it was recorded with the tones that Nergal himself played, I was pretty certain that the Mesa Boogie wasn't really doing too much to the sound, because the tone was so different to their previous albums.

I think the Evangelion tone fits the mix for sure, and I think it all sounds great and crisp, but I think I still prefer everything about The Apostasy.

Do any of you guys make "In The Studio" Videos?

Yeah. I've released one, another has been WIP for ages (I've put priority to writing the next album :lol:), and there is probably going to be one for the next one. Here's the released one, plus one sort of generic, how-I-write-songs kind of video:

Songwriting video (2010):

Making of Deep Beneath (2008), parts 1-3 of 3:

Last edited by a moderator: