Lizzy Borden Summer of Blood 2011 Tour

Last night's show in Crest Hill? Let me sum it up in two photographs:

BloodyJoan.jpg

JoannLizzyB.jpg

Oh, and I forgot. HE SANG AT ME. For real. There was at least two lines' worth of verse where eye-contact made during "Live Forever." Since I was Right behind the folks who were against the stage (Bada Brew wasn't a big venue anyway) and I was like, 2 feet away from him when he was singing, there's no doubt - I HAD EYE CONTACT. I sort of started screaming in fangirlish glee once eye contact was broken. I also got all nerdy when I met him at the meet 'n greet.

Anybody else going? I am going to work in Denver again tomorrow so I can just hang out in town after work and find the venue (somewhere in Littleton, got it all mapquested out). I am really stoked about this show. When he came around for Deal With The Devil, he played a show with no advance pub and about 25 people there that saw it on the marquee when driving by.

They rocked like hell anyway, and my then wife cracked up watching me spaz around like a little kid in front of the stage (her first concert, first metal concert, first concert in USA etc). The guys were nice as heck, hung out afterwards, even stayed around for me to run back to the house to grab a ton of old Lizzy stuff to get signed.

I love the new album, and the set list looks pretty good - I notice it changing a bit from show to show, which is always a good thing. Can't wait to see the new guitarists as they rip it up.

If anyonne from the Rockies is going - look for an old guy with blonde hair and (hopefully, if I can dig it out and it is clean) a Lizzy Borden American Metal shirt on.

Cheers
Jeff