Ljudsignal

Mayh

Who's that Melinda person
Oct 3, 2001
HA 100 posts, not so impressive compared to the recent 2000 but what the hell.

So to the point of this thread. I found a "My dying bride" song in my mp3 collection and it has really grown on me, it´s called "The Dreadful hours" and this is problably the most depressing song I´ve heard. What´s their best album and what should I download to get to know them a little bit better (before I buy one of their album)

I recently bougth Katatonia´s "Last fair deal gone down" and I like it. I find this kind of music that is often slow and depressing rather appealing for some reason.

I'm also rather new to My Dying Bride but i think "The Dreadful Hours" (the newest album) is great. This album is imho a good mixture of the early death-doom-style and the latter doom-gothic sound. And, of course, it has great melodies as well as a lot of power and heaviness...

As for what you should download, that's difficult... from the new album try "My Hope The Destroyer". For other songs, take a look at their discography at www.mydyingbride.org and pick some. Most of them are really good, but each album differs greatly from the others...

Originally posted by Mayh

I recently bougth Katatonia´s "Last fair deal gone down" and I like it. I find this kind of music that is often slow and depressing rather appealing for some reason.

well done, and well done on buying LFDGD, the best album of the year. can life get any better...(oh, hang on it can)