Mdb, Omg!!!

Till Fjalls

¥¤ÆZµ
May 21, 2001
* Toronto *
fade.to
Holy shit!!! Well, I've been listening to My Dying Bride's The Dreadful hours (title track), and I am absolutely blown away to the fullest extent I ever have been!!!! I think that this is the music I have been waiting my entire life to hear! Wow.......I mean, I've heard a few other songs by them, and the were definitely good tunes, but nothing overly spectacular. However, I have got to rush out and buy this new album Immediately!!! Is there any other song in existence that is as depressing, melodic, and beautiful as this??? This sounds like the direction I wish Katatonia would have taken after Brave Murder Day.

Damn!!! Any recommendations for stuff like this???? I mean, slow, melodic, and depressing as hell......And some faster dark metal thrown in for good measure. Anyone???

heh, welcome to the fold. :) A similar reaction to when I first heard them.... ahhhh the memories:cool:
They new album hasn't arrived on these shores yet :mad: , so I dunno what the track is like, but........

From MDB:
'The cry of mankind' from The Angel & the Dark river
Title track from Turn Loose the Swans
(there's like a million songs by them I could mention, but I'll leave it at that)

Other stuff:
'A Dying Wish' by Anathema (Silent Enigma)
'Weeping Willow' by In The Woods (Omnio)
'Silently I surrender' by The 3rd & the Mortal (Sorrow)
'Into Deep Sleep' by October Tide (Grey Dawn)

I downloaded some mp3s. Decent stuff. I will buy the album once it's available.

It's interesting to notice the lyrics as they've changed from say As the flower withers... Aaron seems somewhat disjointed, indifferent and more cynical in his words.