Best Opeth Tour Yet?

The Leper

Apostles Triumph
Jul 26, 2004
boston
www.knorwood.tk
I've seen Opeth a total of 5 times thus far. And i MUST say that this Watershed tour has been the best time i've ever seen them. I saw them twice with Lopez, and 3 times with Axe. And all i can say is that this tour has been incredible, i've been hearing other people saying that they agree, this is the peak of opeth's career. Even if you hate the album, you have to admit that there recent performances have been top notch.

When i say best, i mean sound quality, proffesionalism, stage presence, song choices (let it go, they aren't gonna play BRI or Advent). I think they have rehearsed to a T, and they sound as such.

Any thoughts?

I saw them for the first time this month, so I have no previous tours to compare it to. But I have to say...I expected them to be tight, but MAN!!! They just blew me away. That had to be the tightest band I have ever heard live. And like you said, that was an almost perfect setlist. Fantastic concert, I can't wait to see them again!

I've also seen them 5 times (3 times this year).

The setlist this time around was incredible. The only setlist that may have been better was the 1st time I saw them for the Deliverence tour.

The only two songs I really hoped that they would play on this last tour was Lepers Afinity and A fair Judgement

I am a avid Martin Lopez fan, and I was very happy to see that Opeth with Axe is just as good if not better then when Lopez was with the band.

agree with all these comments. The guys are able to live off of touring, so u can tell how much they practice and are not taking this rise in popularity for granted.

Last week was my first concert i've seen by Opeth. I expected excellent and i got :OMG: :kickass::headbang::worship: 10x

I find myself checking atleast 5 times a week for the new dates for concerts. Can't wait for the next concert date. already so siked :zombie:

I seen them for the first time this year, and It was the greatest experience.
We also got a Quiz and one of the questions was can you name the members of kiss (real names) and when he got to Gene Simmons, Mikael goes "complete knob head"

lots of laughs all round he he he

I'm gonna be that one cool guy who says that their best show ever was in a little Stockholm pub back in the Orchid days.

But really, I saw them with Ballet Deviare in NYC a couple of years ago, and that was probably the best show of theirs that I've been to.

It's come to thirteen times seeing opeth this far (if I'm not forgetting one) out of which about half have been headline and half festival. The last couple of gigs with the brand new lineup have definately been among the absolute best, even if I have special memories from Sweden Rock 2003 (with the allmighty THE MOOR) and the Lamentations rehearsal-gig at Mosebacke.

I've seen them 5 times as well, and my favorite was in the Fall 2005.

It was my favorite set list I have seen them play, and I have to say I prefer Peter over Fredrik in stage presence, though maybe it is just because I am not used to Fredrik yet. And as for stage presence... I just loved watching Martin with long hair, though he looks amazing with short... it was just more enjoyable watching his head banging style with long. Mikael was hilarious in all the concerts though, except the Gigantour (since they did not give Opeth enough time).

I read my review of my first Opeth show from 2002 the other day and chuckled at the "fanboy-dom," but they honestly have only gotten better each time I've seen them. This recent show in Cincinnati was no exception.