Fear Factory - Timelessness

I've felt darkness closing in on me
Chilling shadows surrounding me
I've had the poison leak into my skin
And it corroded my heart away
Bled away
Cut away
Dark night of my soul . . .

Not Supa-Dupa Depressing, unless your already in that frame of mind......

Solitude - Black Sabbath (Or Get Cathedral's Cover, Fairly similar)

Hey Bumblefoot i downloaded Kevin Gilbert's Song for a dead friend. I really like it. Especially the repeating main part is good, nothing special but this melody is somehow different if you understand what i mean. Do you have some more good advices from the same style?
BTW, Needle of Death by Bert Jansch is a very depressive and song i think,try that one.

I would have to say that Dirt by Alice In Chains is one of the most scarring representations of addiction ever released. It is bleak and slow and grinding. Even their first album while reasonably happy has an essential reflective quality just check out Confusion-"Love hate pain confusion suffering"
I also find Queensrhyce's Operation Mindcrime incessantly bleak but brilliant. I just can't listen to it all the way through.
I find the new Katatonia to be much more soul affirming than depressing.
Great stuff.
Of course the beauty of music and our ever changing emotional state means that any song can be whatever you want.
I even find More than A Feelimg by Boston depressing because of a lost love and the timing of that song. so I say go with whatever song you want. It just happened to be on my car radio at a particular time and place.
Regards and keep rocking.

I might get flamed , but My Immortal by Evenescence is saddest damn thing ivr heard in a long time. ITS EXCELLENT!