Least depressing opeth album

shark22

RuffRyda
Oct 18, 2004
There is already a thread about how opeth has some depressing sounding music. But I was wondering which album you all thought was the most hopeful or upbeat sounding. For me Still Life is the most upbeat album. The album just seems more positive and less "doomy" than the others. I was just wondering what the rest of you thought and if you agree with me.

I agree with you about 'Still Life' i find most of that album quite uplifting

Orchid the least?!?! haha...very interesting. For me, I'd say Still Life is the least and musically Orchid with all those clean parts is the most depressing.

Dreadful said:
Orchid the least?!?! haha...very interesting. For me, I'd say Still Life is the least and musically Orchid with all those clean parts is the most depressing.

Yeah, for me Orchid doesn't sound as depressing as Still Life and Morningrise for some reason.

The least depressive album is Still Life. The two main characters, despite being killed, meet in the afterlife; so it's a kind of happy ending; besides, they spend a night together... The rest of the album is violent (especially "Serenity Painted Death") and agressive (eg. "The Moor"). So, not depressive.

I'd agree Still Life would be the most upbeat. Blackwater Park and Orchid and SL are probably the most "upbeat" and not "dragging down into anger" albums for me at least.