Local news

We have a similar problem - clerics trying to meddle in secular affairs. But they are usually ignored - both by politicians and ordinary people. Of course, there are religious people who follow the clerics, but not the majority. This is perhaps the only one thing that we should thank the commies for - we got rid of religion. Some might say religion = morality, but I tend to disagree. You're either a good person, or not. Besides, we don't have many examples of clerics (especially the high-ranking) being good people. Or at least we don't get to hear of them.

Here, they aren't ignored. Sometimes, but not always.

Thanks to Yugoslavia's slow process of decay and decomposition, which ultimately led to those horrible, bloody wars during nineties, nationalism has been on an uprise, its height precisely during the wartime period. Its "level" is slowly decreasing, but it's still very present.

Anyway, together with nationalism, Christian beliefs have been on an uprise - which aren't real beliefs at all. They are basically representation of vanity, xenophobia, homophobia, bad temper and conservatism of a large percentage of state's populace, which goes hand in hand with criminal record, low education, turbo folk music, pumped-up muscles and controversial statements often directed towards neighbors, "ex-statemates", Europe, America and Western World in general (not that all of these statements are unfounded, but most of them are pretty extreme, and in political and practical terms, highly undesirable).
None of these people have ever laid eyes on a Bible or uttered said a real prayer, but that's a different topic.

Real problem is that the current leading coalition, which is been in opposition for more than a decade, has ranking members which have been or still are connected with aforementioned Christians, regime from the nineties and all the little and big, bad things that come with it. Hell, our president has been granted a title of a Chetnik duke in the past, a movement which is closely associated with war in Bosnia, as well as genocide (that is, the "new" Chetnik movement - original one, which exited up to WWII is a different thing).

Interestingly enough, even they when they were in opposition and therefore anti-European, as soon as the election started they changed their tune to "Heigh-ho, heigh-ho it's EU to where we go", a tune they still sing.

Anyway, together with nationalism, Christian beliefs have been on an uprise - which aren't real beliefs at all. They are basically representation of vanity, xenophobia, homophobia, bad temper and conservatism of a large percentage of state's populace, which goes hand in hand with criminal record, low education, turbo folk music, pumped-up muscles and controversial statements often directed towards neighbors, "ex-statemates", Europe, America and Western World in general (not that all of these statements are unfounded, but most of them are pretty extreme, and in political and practical terms, highly undesirable).
None of these people have ever laid eyes on a Bible or uttered said a real prayer, but that's a different topic.

We have those too. I call them the chalga-Christians. Chalga is something very similar to your turbo-folk. As a matter of fact, the early chalga was turbo-folk with BG lyrics.
But it has become a lot more than a musical style - now it is a lifestyle. They are nationalists and hate everything foreign, particularly American. They believe Bulgaria is the greatest country, but is the victim of a plot by the Americans/Jews/Freemasons. Тhey are Christians, i.e. go to church on Christmas and Easter, wear huge crucifixes, but have never read the Bible and don't know who John the Baptist was, for example.

Here are examples of the "music":

Proto-chalga (early 1990's), I guess you can figure out at least some of the lyrics.

Later, it "evolved" into this:

Here's the typical consumers of chalga:

mutri21.jpg

460x345.jpg

The prototypes of their girlfriends you can see in the videos above.

Last edited by a moderator:

The thing here is absolutely same.
Change "chalga" for "turbo folk" (or, if you want to stay "in trend" - "neo turbo folk") and "Bulgaria" for "Serbia", and that's it.

The examples given in pictures are what we call "dizelaši", оr "diesels", because of Diesel jackets they used to sport...many of them still do.

Not happy with the fundamentalists in the USA at the moment, either. Think we may see even more growth in militias and some open defiance of the federal government in the near future.

Meanwhile, though, I've got another tattoo appointment in 6 weeks. Will be doing the rest of my right arm in 2 or 3 sessions and then, maybe, getting some additional background work to make it all flow together nice.

^^^ That's a Muskie, Finland doesn't have that exact species, although a nice big catch for sure. Finnish northerns are just northerns but look very similar. The spots are wrong.

Anyway for the bible I like Noah because he knows how to build a good boat if that ever happened, and the mystery if it is on Mount Ararat in Turkey (?) So if the world's ice melts during global warming, that's my dude.

And all the other posts you guys already posted, yeah, the world is coming down. Ah, Type O Negative already made an album with that title. Enjoy!

I'm thirsty, need a beer. That's good news. been working waaay to hard but making up for all the hibernation from last winter.

:kickass::loco::headbang:

Guys, I've entered a competition for a free ticket for Rammstein in Sofia, but I need some support. What you have to do is go to this page https://www.facebook.com/chuime.bg?fref=ts, find the post, circled in red in the picture and write "17" in the comments.
Thanks!

P.S. You don't have to like the page in order to post. Also, the deadline for voting is 11 am, CET+1 .

http://sofiaglobe.com/2013/07/24/in...-anti-government-protesters-blockade-mps-bus/

Police beating a guy who is filming with his phone:
Police: Are you filming?
Guy: I'm not filming.
Police: Who are you filming?
Guy: I am not filming.
*smack with the baton* Police: F*ck your mother!
Police: Are you flming?
Guy: I am not.
More swearing and more blows.
Police: Are you trying to hit me, f*ck your mother?
Guy: No, I'm not. My arms are in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's finally blood in the streets.

In other words, finally a reason for media coverage over here. Year by year it's getting harder not to give in to cynicism.

And since incompetent (to avoid a harsher word or two) politicians are not a strictly Bulgarian phenomenon, let me counter yesterday's public statement by Services Minister Huovinen - "Alcohol is too cheap in Finland!" - with a recent article by our leading financial newspage: Finland has the highes alcohol prices in the EU

http://www.bandsintown.com/event/5740357?artist=Enslaved&came_from=123

I'm a little confused. Enslaved posted this on their twitter minutes ago saying that they're announcing a new show...tomorrow?

Trin, could you help me out?

Yes, they're playing in Sofia tomorrow at Sofia Rocks. But why did they get the flag wrong????
Here's the site: http://www.sofiarocks.bg/en/

isn't that the show Trin tried to win a ticket for, w/Rammstein being the main act?

Indeed. And with Bullet For My Valentine.

Not a muskrat, but a MINK! We have them here too and they can be very agressive. I do have a personal video where one went up a tree and grabbed a grey squirrel for lunch and drug it down the tree and scooted right in front of me. They are tough little critters and fun to watch if you get the chance.

Muskrat likes water plant roots. Mink eats Bear food! fyi

Cool video though, reminds me of some fishing excursions.

40 days of protests. There's finally blood in the streets. It was bound to happen.

Well that's no fun for anyone but what I find strange is that the local or national news here in the US of Fucking A hasn't said anything about this. And I know xp, this has been going on a while know. I hear about Egypt and Syria, middle east stuff, the spy to Russia, and Rio, but nothing about your situation. I don't know what to do about it but hope the world just gets over itself and decides to relax and go for a swim, then think about it. I know, it will never happen. We will all die with some political unrest still going on, hundreds of years from now.:erk: