Local news

The Parliament building in Sofia will be insured against attacks and destruction by protesters. I guess they're afraid. :D They should be.

The Parliament building in Sofia will be insured against attacks and destruction by protesters. I guess they're afraid. :D They should be.

Society failed to tolerate me
And I have failed to tolerate society
Still I can't find what you adore
Inside I hear the echoes of an inner war
Nothing can take the horror from me
Your sick world the loss of all morality
My hate has grown as strong as my confusion
My only hope my only solution
is a...

…violent revolution! Well played :p

Warm before the storm as the nearby weather station measured +8 degrees tonight, while you guys in the Balkan are having sub-zero temperatures :rolleyes: Extreme weather warning ia in place for central Norway due to hurricane force gusts tomorrow afternoon, and that son of a b*tch is heading to Finland in the following night, albeit slightly weakened

It's a music streaming service with an extremely good collection of all kinds of music.
There is a free version, which plays brief ads every third or fourth song, and a premium version, which offers download options and stuff and doesn't play ads.
I've seen it in Finland three years ago and has been dreaming of having it in Bulgaria since then. Well, we got it today. Me so pleased! :D

Does it let you play full albums, or do you need to go from song to song?
I've heard of it, but it's still not available here, so I've never seen anybody using it. I'm not much into streaming, actually.

You can listen to full albums, although I wish they'd adapt the advertisements to their musical environment. A wrecking ball in the nightside eclipse has devastating effects, at least on the listening experience. :p Guess they're doing it on purpose to make people buy the premium version, but I use it so rarely that I don't bother. It's very useful for checking out stuff, though, and it gloriously saved me from shelling out 25 euros for the new Turisas this year.

Yeah, well. It seems I have developed a filter for ads, so I actually don't register them.
But this is indeed what I'm going to use it for. - Checking out stuff. It's gonna save me time, effort and HDD space in the future :)

So, it's basically what a p-word is doing for me, without taking HDD space. Well...I can live without that.
Plus, there's bandcamp.

Anyway, a friend of mine and me went to check out some music store. She wanted to buy some tickets for a show, I wanted to check out the store, because it's called "Vintage Shop".
I was hoping I'd find old ex-YU CDs/records at best, but man, was I wrong.
That place has everything.
From jazz to alternative, from punk to death metal. All on vinyl. Gramophones. Stereo. Condition perfect.
Time machine back to the '80s. I couldn't believe something like that existed in Serbia.

Guy owning and working in a store is a very friendly, older guy, who claims vinyl is his first and only love, and that he got kicked out from his apartment by his live because she couldn't handle his obsession.
And there must've be over 1000 vinyls there, in that little shop, and he said he has more and more coming all the time.

I went through every section.
Every single artist, almost every single rock/jazz/blues album I've ever heard is there. In perfect condition.
Not new, but almost mint.
The owner really keeps the standard, if the vinyl is used, he can play it to you on some of his gramophones. And prices are dirt cheap. Like really, really, really cheap.
There's pretty rare stuff, too. He claims he sold Dark Side of the Moon, original pressing, for around 200 euros. I actually believe him.

The heavy metal section is a beauty. Every Maiden album. Lots of 80s heavy/thrash, mostly German. 2 albums by Paradise Lost, mint, still in foil, possibly first press - Shades of God and Gothic, but they were a bit pricey. Death - Leprosy, new, unpacked. Some obscure death metal compilation album with everything on it - from Deicide to Entombed.
It even has a goddamn Cold Lake by Celtic Frost. I couldn't help but laugh though.
I had to buy something, so I got Sodom's Agent Orange for around 15 euros. First press, gatefold. I think it wasn't even played, until I asked him to play it for me. It's one of the priciest there, actually, along with Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, which is new, and some deluxe edition.

If I had more money, I'd get Paradise Lost. I'd get every Neil Young album. I'd get Iggy Pop. Kraftwerk. Faust. Kreator. Sex Pistols. Azra. Elmore James. John Coltrane. Jethro Tull.
There's probably Joy Divison in there too. And Gil-Scott Heron.
I need to stop.

The owner really keeps the standard, if the vinyl is used, he can play it to you on some of his gramophones. And prices are dirt cheap. Like really, really, really cheap.
There's pretty rare stuff, too. He claims he sold Dark Side of the Moon, original pressing, for around 200 euros. I actually believe him.

:worship: The dude is still around? Though he lost it some two thousand years ago when he started boasting to have fathered a son on a virgin and all that stuff...

Got me a ticket...

1476477_10152133641593764_709906431_n.jpg

Weird springlike weather here. Not a flake of snow, but I am too hungover to care, after the wonderful nameday party I threw last night at my place. Oddly enough, I have more bottles of wine, including a bottle of blueberry wine, than I started with. But the bottle of Koskenkorva is, sadly, gone.