Local news

Mrs. Tuonelan just signed a two book deal with 47North publishing. First two books of a dark fantasy trilogy due out in 2016.

Fuck yeah, that's awesome to hear.
Hey, would you do me a favor - add a character in the third book named after me and kill him in the most gruesome way.

Or at least make sure there's a character like that when they make the movie adaptations.

Book titles are negotiated between author and publisher. Who gets the final say depends on the individual contract. Cover art and design is usually done by the publisher. Foreign language rights and editorial control over them are negotiated in the contract.

Congrats to Mrs T! :) I just recently finished my first Nordic fantasy translation, but it was only a short novella and I don't know yet when and where it will see the light of day. Or darkness of night, rather, as far as the contents go.

And this just fresh in: Santa Claus is officially bankrupt.. No presents this year, kids, but haven't we all been naughty anyway... ;)

Mrs. Tuonelan just signed a two book deal with 47North publishing. First two books of a dark fantasy trilogy due out in 2016.

Awesomeness! :D Let me know when it comes out, so I can get it.

In other news: I hereby solemnly swear never again to buy anything from Levykauppa X's online store. Worst experience ever and I shop quite a lot online.
I never got what I ordered. I exchanged 5-6 e-mails with them, they told me to wait, wait, wait. Then they promised to refund me. They still haven't. Absolute shit customer service. Even the Chinese are better.

Fuck yeah, that's awesome to hear.
Hey, would you do me a favor - add a character in the third book named after me and kill him in the most gruesome way.

Or at least make sure there's a character like that when they make the movie adaptations.

Okay, so she's editing the first book and changing some names at her publisher's request. Give me four or five acceptable name variants for her to play with in the next couple days and she'll see what she can come up with that fits with the rest of the names in the book.

Here's how a local street looked like today. Last 16 hour precipitation is almost 50 mm.

xlarge-441ae253f9c84a4c9d1ea3711c85d6b1.jpeg

Awesomeness! :D Let me know when it comes out, so I can get it.

In other news: I hereby solemnly swear never again to buy anything from Levykauppa X's online store. Worst experience ever and I shop quite a lot online.
I never got what I ordered. I exchanged 5-6 e-mails with them, they told me to wait, wait, wait. Then they promised to refund me. They still haven't. Absolute shit customer service. Even the Chinese are better.

Seriously? I've been shopping online with them for almost ten years now, I've never had any problem. I'm sad to hear they got so low.

Looks like we'll get hit by a major storm tomorrow, as the FMI issued a third degree warning (highest) for wind gusts over 25 meters per second. Wind speed may not sound that high, but leaves and lack of frost enhance the risk of tree damage, as opposed to winter.

A lot depends on the environment. Back in Boulder, Colorado we used to get 100 kph gusts and while it would do some damage it happened often enough that most of the trees could weather that sort of thing. Here in Southern California anything above 50 kph causes more damage than did the gusts in Boulder.

Stay safe.

The fuckers banned Uber in Sofia :(
The Competition Protection Commission fined them for unfair competition, the court upheld it and ruled they must stop. And they did.
Uber was a great service and I was using it frequently because most of the taxis in Sofia suck big time :(

The new Lindemann video was shot it Bulgaria. It contains elements from our folklore - the hairy guys are called Kukeri and the naked chicks are Samodivi.
Awesomeness! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We had municipal elections recently. I wasn't planning on voting (the candidates sucked), but then among the candidates of a party I more or less support, I found a guy I see at almost every metal gig I go to. Checked his platform and other activities and his FB page (he's posting Amorphis vids occasionally), so in the end I voted for him. He won a seat. So there you have it - a metalhead in the city council :D

We had municipal elections recently. I wasn't planning on voting (the candidates sucked), but then among the candidates of a party I more or less support, I found a guy I see at almost every metal gig I go to. Checked his platform and other activities and his FB page (he's posting Amorphis vids occasionally), so in the end I voted for him. He won a seat. So there you have it - a metalhead in the city council :D

The city shall burn soon.