Local news

Muddy rain at dawn panicked the Sofia residents, who found their cars (and everything outdoors, for that matter) covered with a layer of fine orange dust. It even got indoors. Of course, the high southern winds, which carry dust from the Sahara, are not uncommon at this time of year, so there is no need to panic. Last week we had yellow rain, but since it was during the day almost no-one noticed that their cars got dirty. But the population freaked out and indulged in its most recent favourite pastime - conspiracy theories. The chemtrails aficionados didn't fail to appear either and claimed that in the past few days the Government (Jews, Freemasons, Reptiles, You-Name-It) has been spraying us with heavy metals and new viruses so the freak orange rain is actually toxic.
Boy, I love my country!

Muddy rain at dawn panicked the Sofia residents, who found their cars (and everything outdoors, for that matter) covered with a layer of fine orange dust. It even got indoors. Of course, the high southern winds, which carry dust from the Sahara, are not uncommon at this time of year, so there is no need to panic. Last week we had yellow rain, but since it was during the day almost no-one noticed that their cars got dirty. But the population freaked out and indulged in its most recent favourite pastime - conspiracy theories. The chemtrails aficionados didn't fail to appear either and claimed that in the past few days the Government (Jews, Freemasons, Reptiles, You-Name-It) has been spraying us with heavy metals and new viruses so the freak orange rain is actually toxic.
Boy, I love my country!

Same muddy rain fell around here.

Nobody really noticed though.

No sign of any kind of rain here for a couple of weeks. Alongside the Balkan, northen Finland is the warmest place in Europe.

Yeah, I read you're ready to launch the beach season already. :D

Excluding the ridiculously hot weather in the first days of May, we're actually having a wonderfully normal spring so far. :D

So who here is still getting flooded out?

3rd wettest month of May in MN history. Missed it by 1/4 inch to break that. The NEWS talk is that we have been more balmy than Seattle or foggy London for springs...I guess I'll plant my tomatoes next month o_O

And since the snow "melted" we have not had 2 days consecutive of sunny stuff. That's a new record for MN too.
Can you understand my grumpyness? Ah, it's ok I'll deal with it.

Oh and Oklahoma tornados, what is this 4 in a row? I shouldn't complain when mosquitoes come out but jeez, tornado alley killed many. Mother Nature is busy this year. Get out and enjoy the good weather when you can, it might not last long.

A teacher expelled a pupil from the phys-ed class, for wearing a Slayer t-shirt "God hates us all". The teacher said it was "ill-mannered" and "inartistic". The school has a uniform, which the student wears in school, but the requirements for the phys-ed classes is "clothes, suitable for sport", so he was wearing said Slayer t-shirt and shorts.
We are watching the developments with interest.

A teacher expelled a pupil from the phys-ed class, for wearing a Slayer t-shirt "God hates us all". The teacher said it was "ill-mannered" and "inartistic". The school has a uniform, which the student wears in school, but the requirements for the phys-ed classes is "clothes, suitable for sport", so he was wearing said Slayer t-shirt and shorts.
We are watching the developments with interest.

How do all these cool and weird stuff happen in Bulgaria, and how do you know about them?

I am a journalist. I find stuff out ;)
This was shared by a friend on fb, though.
Bulgaria is a ridiculously weird country. Cool, not.

Well, weird and cool often go hand in hand in my book.

But, I get what you mean. My country isn't cool either, and I figure there's really not much difference :D

My little sister and a sister-first-cousin found a little puppy on a nearby playground, which someone had apparently abandoned there.
They fed it for few days, kept it warm, but it died.

Poor thing didn't stand a chance though, I don't think it was more than a few days old. It couldn't open its eyes yet.

I don't think it was more than a few days old. It couldn't open its eyes yet.

Bummer :bah: :cry: :confused:

More rain for the weekend. fffffftthh :yell:

but on a small note, had an old friend over that I hadn't seen in years, we jammed out and improvised an lol tune about LUKE, the missing buddy, I was playing drums, he was on guitar and we both sang and recorded it. We sat up until 3 a.m. laughing our asses off listening to it again. It's so silly it could be a top 40 hit and I'm still laughing at it.

But more rain AGAIN for the weekend.