Logic 9 tips for editing???

do you have more specific questions? with the new flex mode, sometimes tab to transient isnt the best method now. you can tab to transient by highlighting the region with the marquee tool, then hitting shift and the right arrow on the keyboard.

flex mode will probably be a better method though.

I would like to know how to do this

i have never really done it myself, but it would be fairly easy in logic if the performance is super tight. if not, it wont come out sounding as natural

but i imagine you would start with your drum tracks, use logics bpm detector to figure out the tempo, make tempo map, then use flex mode and the flex tool to quantize your drum tracks to the tempo map.

then continue to do he same with other instruments, or record your guit/bass/vocals over top of these drum tracks

Ah. I was wondering actually if there was a quicker way of beat-mapping an entire project (drums recorded to a metronome, but still a little loose in places; so effectively WITHOUT a metronome then) instead of going through and using the global track for beat-mapping. I didn't know if you could detect the downbeats via a midi note.

sometimes tab to transient isnt the best method now. you can tab to transient by highlighting the region with the marquee tool, then hitting shift and the right arrow on the keyboard.

In Logic 9 , the marquee tool is un-nescessary for this task, there is a new key-command that can move the played by the transients. (look for "Playhead" in the keycommand list and you'll see it) , combine that with the Split-at-playhead (probably not the correct name) command and your in business.