Logo or NO logo for The Great Cold Distance?

With or without logo?

• ...with logo (they have an awesome logo)

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • ...without logo (simpler approach is better)

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
I'm not really a logo-hunter (on CD-packages that is), so I do not miss it on the cover. When I first looked at the cover when the band released the news, one word popped into my head: 'sterile' in the sense of 'hospital clean' ...very sober and cold.

...strangely enough I prefer bandshirts which only have the bandname printed on it... weird me

I think the the cover should be stripped clean.
No logo,No album name...I guess the sticker with Katatonia's logo and "...feat. the massive mega ultra super hit My twin..." would be OK but that shouldn't appear too...
A cover without anything has a much stronger punch to it(Like the first edition of Opeth's morningrise, without the famous Opeth O)
moreover, a CD without anything written on the cover makes people(who obviosly never saw the cover before) wonder "What's on those red CD's?"

At first I thought that with the logo it would be better as the previous albums had a logo and as far as I am concerned, I really like that logo. But I wouldn't mind If there isn't a logo on the new album. So I can't decide what to choose, but it doesn't even matter, neither my opinion nor the logo that they are going or not to use. The only thing I know for sure is that i'm going to buy this album cause this band is really great and a stupid logo won't change that.

I love the new logo, those who love the old logo, you goto see that its not what reflects a modern band, its a logo that is covered in goth, that image is now tarnished by little college kids with hoodies, and doesnt reflect well. The should be up there appreciated with bands like Coldplay and The Killers, they need to have this new look, so that people who haven't heard Katatonia pick up the album and take it seriously.

The name still clashes with Catatonia as seen on thes thread, Katatonia have to rise above and show the world who they are so they can forget about some already forgotten welsh band.

I totally dig the new logo, leave behind the past and follow the journey thats Katatonia .....I say.