Logo or NO logo for The Great Cold Distance?

With or without logo?

• ...with logo (they have an awesome logo)

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • ...without logo (simpler approach is better)

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
I actually think that photoshop looks pretty good...I really don't mind either way but I'm a sucker for nastalgia and I wouldn't mind having the logo. Maybe instead of white, they could make it a deep red or something. Any way it goes I really don't care, it's just some letters :headbang: .

Oh yea, and ps. I'm new here. I'm Ash and I like Katatonia...and I'm from Idaho...no really, I am.

Compositionally and stylistically the way the cover has been designed and the logo left out works perfectly however, I never like to see band logos absent from albums, or phased out with duller/clean-cut replacements.

Personally, something like this would please me most (in terms simply of logo/title position and size..disregard colours, layer effects etc), but as said, the cover design as-is works very well.

tgcd_cover_pyro.jpg

i like the old logo for this album, the second one if u will. i was really disappointed with the new plain boring one - katatonia are not boring they dont deserve a broing logo

I just hope that the logo is only being omitted for these covers. And although I think the simple text is fitting, I actually feel that the logo could have worked in them too.

newlogotgcd2jc.jpg

I think the old logo would truly go well with this cover, but it is clear that it does not fit the band anymore...and probably wouldn't fit the album (unless, despite the "My Twin" sample, Katatonia have secretly returned to their old sound...).

oldlogotgcd6qz.jpg

(I hope that Travis does not mind that people are experimenting a bit with and commenting on the new cover as such.)

Katatonia got a perfect taste and style, every album cover is a masterpiece. If they have decided to go that way (use simple text instead the old logotype), then we must trust Katatonia and respect their choice. It's a very brave decision (tonight's decision) to reject the logotype. So stop spoiling!

Katatonia - Last Resort

I was looking at the opeth "ghost reveries" cover and actually there is no title and no logo on it...so maybe the new album cover with nothing would have fitted better and just a black sticker with the logo on the case would have been cool....

Aha, TRAVIS!

Man, if you read this, I was wondering what your take actually is on it. Was it your decision or the bands to go with the new logo approach? Sorry if this is an annoying question, just simply curious, heh.

Either way, it doesn't matter because the damn coverart is one of the best I have seen from you. It seems every NEW art I see by ya turns out to be my fave, hehe.

katattt.jpg

I think if the logo was to be used at all it would have to be black...the white is too much of a contrast when you use the old logo and takes away from the overall tone of the artwork.

Personally I think I like the way Katatonia have done it...but I hope to see the logo on any shirts they press of the album artwork and hopefully in the packaging or on the disc somewhere.

Alcapoth said:
Aha, TRAVIS!

Man, if you read this, I was wondering what your take actually is on it. Was it your decision or the bands to go with the new logo approach? Sorry if this is an annoying question, just simply curious, heh.

Either way, it doesn't matter because the damn coverart is one of the best I have seen from you. It seems every NEW art I see by ya turns out to be my fave, hehe.

Short answer: The band initially suggested it to try, and I agree with it completely. I think it's perfect in it's current context. However, find comfort in the fact that Mr. Logo has not been abandoned and forgotten and just might make an appearance somewhere.