London gig - who's going?

I have the setlist here:

Into The Fire
Head Up High
I Am The Anger
Destination Forever (it's scored out and they didn't play this one)
Circle of Life
My Loneliness (scored out and not played)
The SIlent Code
Warrior
Till The End of Time (scored out, not played).
Falling To Pieces
Mercenary Man

But yeah. It was awesome. Gig opened hella early, seen Forever Slave's set. Would have been amazing if the girls vocals were stronger but overall not that impressed. But I think I was just hyped about seeing Firewind. Met forgottenglory :p Had a wee bit of banter before Firewind.

Firewind themselves were amazing. They are dangerous XD

They were on top form. The only thing I noticed was Apollo coming in too early with the vocals for Head Up High! But I can't even go into detail. They were just amazing. Apollo's hair is getting quite long too ^_^

There was no iBob t-shirt however which made me sad. Haha.

I loved that they played Warrior! Fucking AMAZING!

I could tell that not many people knew the songs Firewind were playing but they loved them anyway! Alan bought a HEAP of merch! Forgottenglory very kindly gave me his Bob pick (love ye man!) and I caught Bob's towel. And I got a setlist. Very happy with that! Haha.

So after the set we watched some of Kamelot but forgottenglory is right...I just couldn't watch them after the powerful performance from Firewind! They are so pretentious aswell!!!!! Khan with his massive fucking jacket when it's like 100 degrees! Then he took it off eventually to reveal a shirt with a longsleeve under it *sigh*! He kept spitting aswell....so I moved from the front row.

We saw Herman Li at the gig aswell =/ But yeah, we met Bob and talked and I showed him my tattoo. He was like :OMG: "OMFG NO WAY! IS THAT REAL!>?!???!??!?!?W>?£?"!£>1" and I was like...yeah. He wanted to take a picture, I was all embarrassed >.<

After the gig finished we got kicked out. But not before I met HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 She said she was telling everyone how much she loved us (me and Al) lol!

Met the guys from Firewind...well, Apollo, Gus, Petros and Mark. Talked to them all. They all ended up seeing my tattoo. Apollo took another picture ¬_¬ And Petros was holding my leg for so long I almost fell over!

After hanging about for about 10 minutes Apollo invited us for food. So me, Alan, Apollo, Gus, Petros, Mark and a Belgian man named Eric went to a kebab place. After eating our kebabs Alan, Gus and Eric sat and talked about their cats and showed each other pictures on their phones. Bunch of saddos!!!! After hanging about another wee while we went back to our hostel bidding Firewind goodnight and saying we'd see them tomorrow ^_^

I had fun. Lots of fun. More fun tonight with Katie and Emy!!!!!!

xx Kirsty

Yeah we ended up at the Kebab shop too.. Fun night...

It was good to catch up with Gus again and as everyone has said already... they were the band of the night imo...

:headbang:

awwwwww poor apollo. well if the rumours are true and they're coming back to the UK this year i'll make twice as many buns and bob can't have any! ahah

hahahahahahah

Yeah cos Bob ate my bun too! :mad:

I told Kirsty to tell him that I'll kick his ass in Milan and eat his keyboard :lol:

rofl
right, get em back by eating the dang keyboard XXDD or at least beat the hell out of it!! :loco:

ah that'd be cool, tell him they need to play leeds, i'm sick of travelling all over the country for just one gig and i don't want another incident trying to get home where my sat nav decides it's a good idea for me to travel 125 miles on 30mph roads!!!! bad sat nav!!!!

then get your ass to it! come one, on week of camping, three days of bands, ME AND MY CHOCOLATE BUTTERFLY BUNS!!!! surely that's worth the trip

so i'm looking to see (in no order than what they are on the website)
Kiss
Offspring
Judas Priest
Cavalera Conspiracy
Disturbed
In Flames
Jonathon Davis
WITHIN TEMPTATION
seether
Alter Bridge
Children of Bodom
Apocalyptica
36 crazyfists

and more to come i have no doubt!

he has a few of his own songs, does some accoustic versions of korn songs and.... the reason i'm looking forward to it.... he's playing the stuff he did for the Queen of the damned soundtrack. That was what got me into metal so always makes me smile (and i know, compared to the book the film was shit, but i choose to look at it as a film that has similar characters and a whole one line of plot from the book but is in fact a completely different film, that way i still love it)

Kiss
Offspring
Judas Priest
Cavalera Conspiracy
Disturbed
In Flames
Jonathon Davis
WITHIN TEMPTATION
seether
Alter Bridge
Children of Bodom
Apocalyptica
36 crazyfists
and more to come i have no doubt!

damn i wish i could see that lineup! :headbang:

Thanks for the review and the pictures. The only bit I disagree is the 'Apollo isn't a great singer'. Sure he doesn't have a wide range but he definitely has a solid voice which works for Firewind.

He's solid no doubt, but he's not 'great' - I meant great as in 'legendary', not great as in 'good'. Great singers = Dio, Halford, Dickinson etc... :)

Last night in Paris he delivered a great performance and the vocal level was very good and his stage presence was ok..a good feeling with the french audience.