London: setlist, comments, gossip, photos and that.

Dwra said:
Shit there are sooo many replies!!
Well it was a fine Saturday evening indeed.. (...) Tools (did you manage to wake up on time on Sunday morning???)
aye cheers Dwra! twas hell tho, just slept for 3 miserable hrs, and woke up with a newborn hangover... but the thing is you actually see the nicest things early morning, and ppl are still relaxed and that. came back to the ferry, whilst enjoying an absolute magnificent sunrise looking out over the sea :) this made me day, cos for the rest i was just pure ruins... and on the ferry i didnt know if it was me who was that shakey or the boat :p

ah and did i pass u my email? cant quite remember why necessairily, but drop me a few lines anyways ;)
cheers

we were walking around trying to find a taxi, but every one was full. It was so cold so we got desperate, some guy pulled up in his car and said he was a taxi, we said where we wanted to go and he said £20, so we kind of decided to get in and he wanted the money straight away, so Mariner gave him £20, then I realised that was a bad idea. :ill: He had no taxi meter in the front so we thought he wasn't a taxi, he wasn't, he said he was a private one. That was bullshit. He even had to stop and look at a map to see where we wanted to go and when we got out eventually tools was arguing with him about it being bullshit :hotjump: and asked for £5 back. But he didn't and we got out and told him to fuk off , so it cost us a lot more than I taxi would have cost :erk:

Cerulean said:
Hehe doesn't that guy deserve to be beaten up?
hehe, he did but i cant do that, i'm too much of a pacifistic sissy me when it comes to physical stuff. just cant do it.
i told him where to stuff his 'taxi' tho. the whole thing was so lame, i bet he needed some quick quids for some white i reckon

we got the same deal: unofficial taxi, no insurance or nothing
but we didnt pay till we got back to chezzys.

you should have taken his number or threatened to kick his windows out :lol:

Danny, Thanks for replying and explaining your reasons behind the lack of older anathema stuff, guess all our tastes change, and you gotta do what you feel happy with doing an all! :)

Seeing as somebody brought up the subject of name changes again, i had always been against it, but if the new anathema is going to leave its metal past behind and longer play any old songs, then perhaps it would be for the best to change the name after all.....:Spin:
hehe, then you could have an excuse to play a last ever anathema gig, and play all the old heavy songs one last time! :tickled:

pagan2002 said:
i dont really want to abandon years and years of hard work by changing the name. but i don't want to be accused of selling out or losing our roots just because we are following our hearts and doing the best music we possibly can.

and there is absolutely no way whatsoever that i would play eternity to someone who wanted to know what our band is like. the last 4 albums are the only ones that are still really listenable to me. believe me if we had produced eternity properly that would be there too, but theres so many things wrong with it that i can't...

the thing is, obviously people want to hear the songs that reflect certain times in their life, when they were 15 and heard angelica and so on. and i can totaly relate to that. and for a band like the rolling stones not to play satisfaction in concert or the beatles not to play help (if they were still around) would be daft.

therefore i can understand people saying we should be playing a dying wish....
so the point comes down to this...

in my heart of hearts... i think we have only ever done a few songs (not including dunc's stuff) that can even compare to the brilliance of say let down or exit music by radiohead, or wish you were here by floyd.

this is where we must set our standards.at the very very top.

the music that we are capable of making has nothing whatsoever to do with serenades or the silent enigma, it has become alot more eclectic and closer to the kind of stuff that really good 'rock' bands are doing these days. i mean, if we did alot of keyboard type stuff, 'mathias headbanger' from metalville might not like it, but the guys in the chemical brothers or mogwai might think we are pretty good, if they ever heard it.

i know alot of the people who support anathema these days have stuck with us for a long time, and i am very grateful to them.

to all the folks in poland who were very nice to us, and to all the folks who will come on the tour next year. all i can say is thank you very much..and..

we are who we are. we are not the same as we used to be. this is the way life goes and it should be celebrated!

love, danny.

ps. i reckon we will get better and better.

main thing is you feel good about what you do, proud of what you did! and always trying to do it better the next time.... cause there will be always something you don't like about your work.....always things you think could have been better ....o well.....

anyway, you're right there danny :)

danny, you left me speechless with these comments. well in bro.

i'm so happy to have met musicians (as the characters behind it) who stand this firm behind what is the(ir) personal goal: to get to the heart of the matter that is you/-r music. and be proud of that choice made, since i feel you feel there is no other choice to make then to always seek for better enbalancing, improving and broadening music that still holds the essence - even better.
i feel i can never lose attachment to the band that is Anathema, cos the core of it has always touched my being. every new tune confirms the question i had beforehand when i put in a virginal disc. the same again when i got AND from the postman.

if it means anything: i am proud of you man.

to look to the future is to let go of the past, since time is vertical, and all is now

go on, and please our ears and mind with sincere and honest music that inspires and comforts many of us.

Damn right. Surely it's false to play stuff that you dont wanna play. People can moan all they want about the band not respecting the "fans", but by doing that they are not respecting the band. Life is one big paradox. Smack your own arse, dead hard. Aye.