longest you have worked non stop?

Hell Awaits Us All

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
Killing You
I worked 13 hours today at GNC b/c the other guy didn't come in. I ended up making about 140 bucks today :)

anybody else here work for 13-16 hours before non stop? I had maybe 1 10 minute lunch break and then 1 other 5 minute break.

I've worked 2 months straight, 10-12 hour days each day. Was last summer and the company I worked for was slammed with extra work orders, and since I was the group leader, I had to be there all day to make sure the shipments went out right. I made so much money it was insane, but sucked.

Probably around 13 hours or so (between two jobs). It was awful because the first job was as I guess a labour job for a garden centre where I and two others unloaded 360 cedar trees from a semi and had to carry them about 50 feet to plant them in the right spot. The cedards were only about 7 feet tall, but it was the huge pots that were heavy being full of soil/dirt. This took about 3 hours at least to complete. Then afterwards I and one other helped unload 150 plants and smaller trees. At the end of the day I couldn't even lift one of those cedar trees...I was physically exhausted, drained, and had many bruises...and then proceeded to go to my next job. That was easily my worst work experience. Eventually quit the labour job though.

However, I work this Sunday...but it's not a big deal since I get stat pay and everything:
- I get paid for the holiday, my average shift length times wage.
- and I get paid time-and-a-half for the ten hours I am working
- ...and I am working two hours overtime so extra money ....so basically it amounts to one nice payday...

Old women are like pies... you have to get through the crust to get to the good stuff... oooooooaaaaaaahhhhh yea...
:ill: We don't wanna know!

Well, a few months ago, I had to studdy during the day and work at the computer during the night.

Now I work one job during the day, then go to musical school, then come home and work for the second job at the computer (movies translation). Exciting, isn't it?

:ill: We don't wanna know!

Well, a few months ago, I had to studdy during the day and work at the computer during the night.

Now I work one job during the day, then go to musical school, then come home and work for the second job at the computer (movies translation). Exciting, isn't it?
Busy schedule. I transcribe university lectures in English and on the side supervise the SATs in high-schools(seasonal). Both are side-jobs of sorts. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue transcription for a very long time, since it's a homebound job and I find it difficult to concentrate on what needs to be done because of constant distractions due to the familiar environment. My poor time management skills aren't exactly a welcome bonus either:erk:

I did 16 hour shifts a couple times during my school years. In the summer I was working in a shop where they do carpets for cars. I wanted to do as much money as I could so I was signing for overtime and a couple times I ended doing 2 shifts in a row. But that wasn't too bad as it was a fairly easy job really.

When I was like 14-15 (and living in a very small town with almost nothing to do) I was working on a farm. I was working like 80 hours a week every week in the summer pretty much. That was hard as the work was pretty physical. I liked that though as it kept me in great shape and the money was pretty good too.

Longest was 14 hours. However, my job is very easy. I think I watched 2 movies during that time plus any homework that needed to get done.