Looking for a Baritone any suggestions

Well got it on the 5th been a couple of days now playing around with it. Haven't plugged it in yet..... probably will in a couple of days when I get my amp back. So far just messing with it it's pretty sweet. It does have sustain for days. Just have one thing bugging me fret buzz!(when I play aggressive) Seems like it could use some relief as raising the bridge does not help that much unless I raise it past the point of my comfortable zone, action gets to high. Oh I should mention that the buzz is only on the 5th & 6th string.

Hey MKS or anyone else, have you ever adjusted the trust on one of these? If so which way tightens & which way loosens? I've never had to do this before. I'm pretty confident I can adjust it properly with out messing anything up with 1/4 turn @ a time & a little guidance. Should it be very easy to turn or should there be some resistance?

Looking forward to getting rid of this buzz and seeing how it sounds and performs plugged up. :kickass:

Counterclockwise turns (go about 30 degrees at a time) will raise it in the way you want.

Best way to check this is to hold down the strings at the lowest and highest frets at the same time (this takes nut and bridge height out of the picture), and try and stick a playing card between the 7th fret and the fat string - if you can fit it in so that it barely slides through without raising the string, you're set. If you can fit in two or three playing cards easily, you need to turn it clockwise; if you can't fit in one, you need to turn it counterclockwise. Again, no more than 30 degrees at a time, just to get it in the ballpark, and then it needs smaller turns after that. Give it about 5-6 minutes between adjustments, retune, and check things to see where you need to go.

Oh, and it's 'truss'. 1/4 turn is a bit much, 1/5 turn is what you use to check if the thing actually responds and the bend is way the fuck off.

Jeff

The nut height will determine how much buzz you have at low frets, mostly on open, and can be changed quickly and easily - but the size of those strings will mean you're not getting away with the typical pre-slotted nut. If you have problems anywhere between 0-3 frets, maybe the nut is a problem, but anywhere else (even if it's continuous from 0-7 or so) I'd wager a truss rod problem.

Jeff

The nut height will determine how much buzz you have at low frets, mostly on open, and can be changed quickly and easily - but the size of those strings will mean you're not getting away with the typical pre-slotted nut. If you have problems anywhere between 0-3 frets, maybe the nut is a problem, but anywhere else (even if it's continuous from 0-7 or so) I'd wager a truss rod problem.

Jeff

If it were the nut height being the problem, it would buzz on frets 1-4....

If you have to raise the action a ton to get it to stop, i would say its a guage problem... what strings are you using?

It buzzes from 1-on but not when plucked open. I set up the truss like you described Jeff (or atleast I think I did lol) still buzzing, but less on string 5 then before 6th string better but still ..... I really didn't have to turn it much as it was already pretty dam close.

Stock Strings:
GHS String sizes are 1st: 013, 2nd: 017, 3rd: 026, 4th: 036, 5th: 046, 6th: 060

Kurt said he would replace it no problem.

I just got my SX bass yesterday and it sounded good. I immediately replaced the stock bridge with a BB104 and made it string-through, restrung with GHS Bass Boomers, and now it sounds even better.

One question though, how do I solve a problem of a string vibrating inside the nut? I can stop the vibrating by holding the string at the nut or behind it.

I'll post pics later if there's interest.

Put some foam, a packing peanut, bit of cloth, something like that in the back. For bass, I'd recommend packing peanuts around and under the strings that need it.

Jeff

Could someone owning an Agile ab3500 pretty please post some hires pictures of his guitar? :)

I'm also looking into buying a baritone guitar. Since this will definitely not be my main guitar something cheap but good will be appreciated even more then usual. The Agile stuff is looking really good but I really want to see some good pictures before I buy. Would be appreciated!!

I would, but I returned it 6 days ago. Got to wait another 6 to get another one... I hope the "buzz" is gone with the new one. I could have fixed it but! I want one that works, specially if it's new. Google it, you might find a hirez pic.

DIOBOLIC5150
Can you give me some info on your agile's:
Did you change the PU's? what amp ext...
Any info would be great.
Thanx it's a very nice guitar

I just bought an Esp ltd sc607b yesterday and i´m very impressed by the feel and sound (i´m used to playing an Ibanez Universe uv777) there is a little ratteling sound on the low b string, but when i get that fixed tomorrow i´m pretty sure this will be my main guitar.
Btw. does anyone know what stock strings and gauge Esp use on 7string guitars when they come from the factory?

Any updates? I'm looking at Agile guitars, but don't want to get stuck with a guitar with neck problems.

I didn't have a neck problem it was the nut.. I returnd it and they sent me a new one (even tho I scratched it) it really plays very good and sounds great.
I don't think I'm even gona change the PU's. Tho this is my 1st Agile, I'm looking into getting another one soon.