Looking for a new 7 string

Hey man. I'm looking into 7 strings myself recently, and have become quite drawn to the Carvin DC727. It's a USA made custom shop guitar, and my specs are coming in at around $1,200. If I go through with it, I'm gonna have it shipped to a friend in the states, and then he's shipping it on to me, because prices in my local country are ridiculous.

As for regular production model guitars, I'd definitely recommend the Schecter Jeff Loomis. Nevermind it being the nicest 7 string I've ever played... it's pretty much the nicest guitar I've ever played, period. If the Looming doesn't tickle your fancy, the other Schecter stuff is awesome, too. They really are a top notch company.

Good luck man

hey dude thanks for the suggestion, im really interested in the carvin.. i played one a long time ago, it had one of the nicest neck ive played, i had one Schecter Hellraiser but i didnt like the neck a lot, but i guess i could give it a try or maybe to the jeff loomis, thanks dude !

I'm basically thinking I'm gonna go for a Carvin with very close specs to the Loomis Schecter, particularly the Ash body. Plus, Carvin have a custom shop sale on at the moment, if you're quick you'll save 50% on all options. Nice and cheap :headbang::D

do u know how much time do they take to make the guitar ? And how do u pay it ? online ? Cause if it is online i cant do it, since my country doesnt allow us to spend more than 600$ on internet buys

do u know how much time do they take to make the guitar ? And how do u pay it ? online ? Cause if it is online i cant do it, since my country doesnt allow us to spend more than 600$ on internet buys

Holy shit, really!?!? Why?

I can vouch for the awesomeness of the Schecter Loomis sig. I just sold mine today sadly as I needed a fixed bridge. I'm sure I wouldn't have even considered selling if I'd waited til the fixed bridge version came out to buy mine. The tone of the guitar has a hell of a lot of clarity to it without sounding too bright or thin. I think blackout would suit it better than EMG 707s to add some more low mids, but now I'm going for another Schecter, the C7 ATX which has the blackouts as well as a mahogany body and neck, 2 vol controls and a tone control. Search C7 ATX review or schecter Loomis review on youtube for DarkKnights videos which compare the two. The lead tone on the loomis was unbeatable as far as I'm concerned but I have a feeling the ATX would have a thicker sounding metal rhythm tone.

Anyway, another vote for schecter!

I have an ESP 607 and the 607B. The 607 is maple and 607B is mahogany. The 607B absolutely roars through my Recto and the additional scale length adds a bit of sparkle to the clean tone. The only problem is that I pick pretty hard and had to take the 'neck' pickup out. I also added a 707 because that was best for the tone I was looking for. Build quality is very good and if you're looking for a thick tone, probably thicker than the 'Clayman' tone that's very popular on this site, then this is the guitar for you. I've recorded with it through a rackmount Recto, a 5150, and a Boogie .50 Caliber and it shines on each amp.

Our other guitar player bought a Carvin and has had a good deal of trouble with the electronics crapping out on him. Not a problem that I've seen come up with most Carvin players but just my two cents worth.

Well electronics are easy enough to replace, unless you get that package with the active eq and pair of mini-toggles that Carvin offers on some of their models (which IMO is entirely useless, one volume and one blade-style three-way toggle for me, thanks!)

Holy shit, really!?!? Why?

well cause hes a stupid f***k.... he thinks that if he cuts our money to spend in the outside we are going to buy here in Venezuela... The problem is here in Venezuela we make nothing !! Not even the AC are made here.... so thats the problem now i have to pay like 1000 $ to travel to the us, buy my stuff and return to venzuela if i get my visa (Wich i probably wont cause im 18 and im traveling alone they may think im going to stay there...)
Also for the things that u guys pay 1000$ i have to pay like 5000$ cause the only way to buy dollars is in the black market and thats the price...

well cause hes a stupid f***k.... he thinks that if he cuts our money to spend in the outside we are going to buy here in Venezuela... The problem is here in Venezuela we make nothing !! Not even the AC are made here.... so thats the problem now i have to pay like 1000 $ to travel to the us, buy my stuff and return to venzuela if i get my visa (Wich i probably wont cause im 18 and im traveling alone they may think im going to stay there...)
Also for the things that u guys pay 1000$ i have to pay like 5000$ cause the only way to buy dollars is in the black market and thats the price...

That sucks man! Stupid!

Anyway, Carvin take 6-9 WEEKS to build their custom shop axes. Nice, quick turn around, compared to the stories I've heard about other companies who hand build their guitars, sometimes taking up to 2 years!

Can you find someone in the states to maybe order the guitar for you, and send them 2 or 3 bunches of money? Or, seen as you'll possibly have to order through a shop, maybe do it that way, and pay in 2 or 3 installments? Almost like getting it on layaway, I guess?

Pretty much any guitar worth half a crap will cost you more than $600, dude, sorry to hear you're in such a bind.