Looking for Alesis DM-4 wav samples...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2006
I wonder if anybody have seen the wav samples of Alesis DM-4 avilable for download? Maybe someone who ones this device could record and post some "the best" and often used samples so that everyone could download it?

::XeS:: said:
You can download the entire d4 module with Emule.
It's a .sf2 file and you should open it with a little program..but I don't remember which...

Is that classed as piracy though? I'm sure Alesis must own the rights to their drum samples?

I think, all normally - it's only the samples of the device made so, as well as usual drum samples, instead of a reverse engineering. If it were samples, directly taken from an device firmware - then it would be a piracy.

Well what about when they're used in a live situation? If they're fully copyrighted then wouldn't there be some royalty due each time?..

Unless there's some limited license when you purchase.. that could well be the case I suppose? not really clued into this stuff

2 XES: Could you post a link to the sf2 bank of D4? I didn't find it.
Concerning copyrights, i don't know much bout it, but for example all the DDRUM4 samples are avaliable for free download from their official site.

If they havent already been posted by tomorrow (thursday) I can post all the kicks and snare from the DM5 as I have just borrowed it from my drummer.

Also I dont think sharing the D4 samples should be any problem at all as its a discontinued product.

Dan

(edit cos of sooo many spelling mistakes)

Status
Not open for further replies.