Looking for Alesis DM-4 wav samples...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanAbela said:
Yeah Sample torrents. and then I recieved an email from them about 10 minutes after that

I did some research.

If you have Soundforge or some converter which can convert sds to wav you may want to go to ddrum forum and download those free samples.

I guess if it is ok for user stablo to upload them and post a thread on an official (if i'm not mistaken) forum and if no moderator over there wanted to delete that thread then you can safely think that it is a legal download.

[edit]
Oh and another thing:

http://www.ddrums.com/patches/index.html

Welcome to the Download section of the ddrums.com web site. This page gives you access to Clavia's ddrum4 sound archive (all sounds at a glance), two ddrum4 demo songs in *.mp3 format and the sample dump sounds that are uploaded by ddrums.com users like you!

So IMHO any sample uploded by Mel Gaynor, Martin Stoeck, Chris Pfannschmidt, Kenny Aronoff and Dennis Chambers must be ok and legal for us to use.

So did this site just go away or what? None of the links are active on the ddrums site... not even the user uploaded patches. What gives?

Regs,
Jeff

Ice Man said:
Any word on the samples, or what? Were the Ddrum comparable to Alesis?

Ddrum samples are better than Alesis (IMHO of course) - just fire up your emule or any other donkey and search for "alesis d4".

LOL. Yep.. Gir is the shizz. I'm 34 and still dig that damn cartoon. Then again, when my three year old isn't forcing me to watch the Dildobops or friggin Wiggles, I'm watching Adult Swim cartoons.

DO ANYTHING FOR METAL!
DO ANYTHING FOR METAL!
DETHKLOK DETHKLOK!! :)

CURSE YOU SNAAAAACKS!!!

Regs,
Jeff

PS - Guess I need to fire up the ol' mule and see if I can find those damn samples. I checked out the ddrum forum and the new owners STILL haven't put the downloads back up, despite promising to do so for 6 odd months. Three website managers later... nada. Lots of pissed off people over there in the forum who expected more once Clavia booted the ddrum product to the new guys.

I own the DM 4 and 5 if someone could tell me how to sample them easily i can do that and post a link,

Im not to sure how to do this besides hit each one in my program:headbang:

Dont wanna piss on anyones bonfire this is a glorified form of piracy isnt it? You can buy the samples in wav format from the above however, im not sure what rights they have to sell them anyway?

I don't think that site above is so legit. I actually want to just 'sample' the samples. I intend on buying it definitely, but I wanted a really good preview and to see (hear) it in action before I shelled out for it. I haven't found many examples of it online.

Man, been looking for d4s all over the place, This is one of my fav d4 snare samples:

Anyone know what that kick is? I want recreate this drumkit with drumagog using drumkit fom hell. I do have a couple of single shots from the d4 that I found on the net, used them in this example: http://stashbox.org/892534/meatal445.mp3

BTW: Anyone else know of any songs that used D4's ?
~Rob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I sold my DM5 I recorded all my favorite samples from it. Not sure if I'll ever use them, but I figured they might come in handy at some point. Can't be bothered to slice them all up though at this point. Maybe it was pointless to even bring this up, haha.

Sorry, something musta went wrong and it did not attatch the file of the ZIPPED D5 SAMPLES FOR PUBLIC USE... to your last post.. why dont you try to repost ? loooooooll :loco:

Here's my failed D4 attempt with drumkit from hell, listen to those horrid hats(stock dfh crap), (and my horrid keypad drumming lol)

http://stashbox.org/892709/d4samples4.mp3

~Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.