Looking for an Honest opinion...

schenkadere said:
an old friend of his...were you on the last tour in June? or are you a past guitarist? I'll ask him who you are.

i was on the last tour...shit, we probably met.we'll if your a friend of bill's, im sorry for the knucklehead remark.actually.....alot of his friends are knuckleheads....and im one of them.

tenantwo said:
i was on the last tour...shit, we probably met.we'll if your a friend of bill's, im sorry for the knucklehead remark.actually.....alot of his friends are knuckleheads....and im one of them.

Oh...we did meet...if you're who you say you are...then you're a cool dude...sorry. I dont want to use names here, but we hung together backstage. Billy introduced me to you outside the club as the first shredder he knew...remember?...I play guitar as well.

I think Billy and Scott should decide themselves what they wanna do, a new M.O.D. album or a new band. Or even both. Most of us will probably buy the new record from Billy's band anyway, it doesn't matter which bandname is on the cover. If the music is great, the bandname doesn't matter (to me).

That's all.

JLJ The Icon said:
true we will all buy the record, but the band name is pretty crucial

I don't agree. Recordcompanies can use the fact that they release the next M.O.D. album. So they can sell it using the name M.O.D.

But if it's something new, it will be 'the debut CD of Billy Milano's new band'. And then that will be used to sell the CD.

Maybe more people will be curious what Billy's new band sounds like and will give a listen to that album. But that's only a wild guess.

I don't think the bandname is that crucial. Unless Billy releases an album with great M.O.D.-like tunes and releases that under a different name. That would be strange. otherwise I don't mind what they call it.

Billy and Scott know best what they should do, all I can hope for is that we don't have to wait very long for a new album, no matter what the band is called at that time.

JLJ The Icon said:
Question is will be the new music/style be SOD/MODesque in lyrical nature or will this be serious and less tongue in cheek

Exactly. So, like I said before, I think Billy and Scott know best what to call the band. If it is M.O.D.-style, it should be called M.O.D. Period. If it's something totally different, maybe they should go for a new bandname.

But that's up to them, they know what kind of music will be on the next CD. So, let them decide.

Whatever it's called please make it old school Thrash and Crossover!!! Like U.S.A. For M.O.D. or Gross Misconduct. God damn those records RULE!

Hate Tank said:
Whatever it's called please make it old school Thrash and Crossover!!! Like U.S.A. For M.O.D. or Gross Misconduct. God damn those records RULE!

I love the old stuff as much as anyone...Hell, I'm a nut for vintage metal...but I like the idea of moving up and on as opposed to trying to reproduce the past...pushing yourself creatively and not settling for what's comfortable or expected...break some ground. Anyway...I hope that's the route Billy takes. Either way, I'm there.

Hate Tank said:

If you do go with a new band, does that mean you wont play any MOD/SOD songs live? If you do play them, then why form a new band? To me, Billy has always had the " I do and say what I want" attitude ( no I dont not know him but Ive been a fan for quite a while, Thats my opinion ) and if the next album isnt all tongue in cheek doesnt mean it wont be an MOD album right? That my .02.

Well the only stuff I like really are those two albums cause they were a continuation of what S.O.D. did on the Speak English or Die record. The first S.O.D. and M.O.D. albums are some of the best Thrash Metal ever recorded in my opinion. But hey, what do I know. Opinions are like assholes. I'd just like to see Billy do something more old school.

If your going to do Metal or hardcore and you are the only vocalist call it M.O.D.. If you decide to experiment and make something new and different a new band name wouldnt hurt. The name M.o.d might help with sales and ticket sales but I say start fresh or perhaps even do two albums as two different bands or you could just do one album have Jourgenson produce and remix it and you could have somewhat similar songs under two different band names.. Or I could shut the fuck up and drink a guinness.

prime666 said:
If your going to do Metal or hardcore and you are the only vocalist call it M.O.D.. If you decide to experiment and make something new and different a new band name wouldnt hurt. The name M.o.d might help with sales and ticket sales but I say start fresh or perhaps even do two albums as two different bands or you could just do one album have Jourgenson produce and remix it and you could have somewhat similar songs under two different band names.. Or I could shut the fuck up and drink a guinness.

I think the name Billy Milano is more significant than M.O.D. I'm sure sales are important, but I doubt it would be the driving force behind the project. Just make some good music, Billy...and join you in that Guinness, prime!