Looking for modern thrash!

TheInsane

Jul 14, 2008
Sweden
www.entercanopy.com
I recently started to explore new modern thrash and I really love some of it. Thrash is probably my fvorite genre. The best stuff in there is supperior to most stuff in any other genre to me. Of course Im familiar with all the classics but the new stuff is relatively unexplored to me.

I love Evile and Bonded by Blood. Great stuff. I also like Gama Bomb even though they get a little bit to repetative in the long run for me.

So Im looking for new stuff to get into now. However I do dislike the trend where bands focus their lyrics to much on just partying and/or humour (like Gama Bomb). I like a little more substance in general. Not saying Evile and Bonded by Blood has the most intelligent lyrics but they have this feeling of being more serious which is important to me. I dont, in general, like bands that doesnt seem serious.

So if you have something to recomend please do. Out of the old time thrash bands I like Megadeth, Testament, Anthrax, Metallica, Kreator, Coroner, Exodus etc but for now Im looking into newer bands.

Oh and I dont really like the neo-thrash thing that was popular in the late 90'ies. Stuff like Carnal Forge. I want my thrash in the old vein so to speak :)

Warbringer is right along the lines of Evile and Bonded By Blood. Probably heard the name. I don't personally like it, but you might. Also try Merciless Death and Avenger of Blood.

I'm going to second and third the bands already mentioned: Warbringer, Merciless Death, Toxic Holocaust. You might also want to check out Fastkill and Violator even though the vocals in both bands are a bit over the top at times.

Also, I love Bonded By Blood's cover of the TMNT theme song. :oops:

Maybe try the Swedish underground scene? There are lots of old school sounding new bands here, for example:

Corrupt
Incinerator
Lethal
Oppression
Schizophrenia/Mister Green
Caustic Strike
Guerilla
Slavator

Lots of those are still unsigned but I think you can buy demos directly from them in most cases.

CannibalCorpse (the forum goer not the band) would know.

I rec every decent thrash band I come across to him lol.

I'm really digging Warbringer lately. Sounds like a mix of old school Testament, Slayer, and DRI.

Austrian Death Machine is pretty fun too. "If it bleeds...we can kill it!"