Looking for recommendations

Ste86uk

New Metal Member
Sep 24, 2015
New here just found the forums as I've been looking for more bands to listen to, considering most things take a few spins to really appreciate how awesome it is I find it hard deciding who to give that time to.

I listen to things like Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, DevilDriver, CoB, LoG, Dimmu Borgir, Machine Head, Slayer and Exodus. Obviously more but unsure if I should just lost everything?

After recently searching I discovered Kalmah and purchased 12 Gauge and love it so now have all but 2 of their other albums on their way. Also I got Riders of the Plague by The Abscence and am really liking that. I have got one Insomnium album to try but so far it hasn't caught on, I like a few bits but it just feels slow but I'll give it more of a chance yet.

But mainly I like stuff like Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy and Kalmah.

I do like some old Soilwork, KSE I've seen supporting bands I've seen but it sounded like pop to me. Are Kaliban and Carcass worth the time? Any album suggestions for them? Heard a little and it sounded good, seen everyone suggest Wintersun too but not loving that yet.

I'll listen a little to those you said.