What bands would you suggest?
My usual playlist tends to consist of things like
Cannibal corpse
Cattle decapitation
Amon amarth
Watain
Naglafar
Mayhem

There are a few more but I don't want to put so much that it renders this a dead thread

Yes, apologies for bad spelling, haha, I have already heard dissection, pretty cool, but I'm not sure if I've heard the others (most of my music recommendations have come from YouTubes list as this site is about as far as I go, in terms of social interaction) but I will definitely check them out. Thank you for the recommendations

bathory, burzum, darkthrone, carpathian forest, death, impaled nazarene, ordinul negru

What bands would you suggest?
My usual playlist tends to consist of things like
Cannibal corpse
Cattle decapitation
Amon amarth
Watain
Naglafar
Mayhem

There are a few more but I don't want to put so much that it renders this a dead thread

Almost two years later, but here goes:

Check out Gates of Ishtar. They released three great albums of MDM in the mid-to-late 90's. Also check out The Everdawn and The Moaning, two lesser known Gothenburg metal bands (both from Sweden, coincidentally) that both released their only albums in 1997, Poems - Burn the Past and Blood from Stone, respectively.

There are a lot of great new death metal bands coming out of the New Jersey/New York area; here are a couple of them:

1. Tombstoner
2. Festergore
3. Cranial Damage
4. Weeping
5. Chained to the Dead

Enjoy :)