Lord of the Rings and Metal

Xorv

Drug the Priest
May 30, 2005
the bowels of lochness
Ya...

It just seems to me that alot of the scenes in Lord of the Rings could work just perfect with some metal. Ya know? Just the same way dark side of the moon works well with the wizard of oz. Think about it, some bolt thrower during the battle scenes. A little of the bards tale (blind guardian) while they're walking through the woods. Then some early Ulver or Opeth or woods of ypres when it starts to rain and get dark. Maybe a little finntroll or korpiklaani when they're getting drunk. And finaly, a little dragonforce here and there to represent the "gay" scenes. If you don't know, watch the films.

and yes...I do know that one of blind guardian albums' is based off a book from the author to LOTR. J.R.R Tolken?

how about The Lord of the Rings is not really that metal, seeing the likes of Elijah Wood and Orlando Bloom running around like some sort of metrosexual pixies and spending more on screen time hugging and generally acting teh gay is not my idea of a "metal movie" :Smug:

how about The Lord of the Rings is not really that metal, seeing the likes of Elijah Wood and Orlando Bloom running around like some sort of metrosexual pixies and spending more on screen time hugging and generally acting teh gay is not my idea of a "metal movie" :Smug:

ya, thats the dragonforce scene. It's like a 3.5 out of 10 in my review.

The Hobbit wasn't a prequel, nor was it anywhere near the same level of the trilogy. The Hobbit was a fucking children's book.

I see no problem with drawing influence from fictional tales and stories like LOTR.

My band is a star wars melo "darth" band. heeheehee. Just a little cheesy pun there.

I've even heard of some metal band in my area that's based around Harry Potter.

Me and my friends are going to find that band, and a Trekkie band, and start GalacticFest, a metal tour featuring "bands that are out of this universe!"

The Hobbit was only the prequel, have you actually read any of the LotR trilogy?

But of course, I enjoyed The Hobbit much more than any of the trilogy, so just stick with the movies and perhaps Wikipedia if you ever decide to check it out.
No, I never bothered. I thought the characters in The Hobbit were extremely flat.

A series of books I enjoyed much more in my grade school years was the Redwall books by Brian Jacques. They were medieval/adventure themed novels centered on mice, squirrels, rats, badgers, and other assorted small animals. There's always a map in the front, which is a good sign. The books were always rich in details, had well-developed characters, and action packed plots. I guess everyone here is probably a bit old for these, but I remember them quite fondly. The best ones were probably Redwall, Mariel of Redwall, and Salamandastron.

Character development, admittedly, was never Tolkien's strong suit, but I feel that's missing the point of his work and selling it short.

A series of books I enjoyed much more in my grade school years was the Redwall books by Brian Jacques. They were medieval/adventure themed novels centered on mice, squirrels, rats, badgers, and other assorted small animals. There's always a map in the front, which is a good sign. The books were always rich in details, had well-developed characters, and action packed plots. I guess everyone here is probably a bit old for these, but I remember them quite fondly. The best ones were probably Redwall, Mariel of Redwall, and Salamandastron.

Hell yes. This series is still in my list of great literature, and I recently bought the most recent paperback in the series. I will never outgrow this series and will definitely read it to my children in the hopes that they will gain an appreciation for a good book.

there is a website that lists all the bands who did a song/album/band name from LOTR

LOTR rules btw.
~gR~