Lordi!

Tonberry said:
Aye it is, then semi-finals are on BBC4 tonight at 8pm! :D

Lordi was in the metro newspaper (its free and on the London tube) Hurrah!

Ooh i only checked BBC1 for the semi-finals, will check that out tonight!!

Is that the extra round Lordi have to go through because Finland did cack last year? Is everyone competing tonight or just the poor performers from last year

We get the (or a) Metro on the trains in Birmingham too, shame i wasn't using the train today!

I think tonight it's 23 bands competing for 10 places in saturday's final.

They got into the sunday times too...

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/7784/picture00124qf.jpg

Sunday Times said:
Still, there are a few wild cards, and while it might be unpatriotic, it is hard not to root for Finland, whose entry, Hard Rock Hallelujah, will be performed by the latex-masked death-metal band Lordi.

I don't have BBC4 (or BBC3...which I thought it was on) so I've got a friend to tape it just in case they don't get through to the final...if they don't on saturday we'll just pop the tape on halfway though and ta daaa!!

Man, a Metal-vision song contest would be worth watching. People would actually by the DVDs too, not just some proud bolivian parents.

Lordi are on BBC4 NOW: act number 16!!!

Argh...on the BBC website it says you can watch it live...but the eurovision player only has the music videos!!!

Someone post the voting info at the end so I can add my vote for Lordi. BBC polls are looking good...just found one which 78.14% of people have voted for Lordi as their favourites to go to the final!!

And now I'm pissed off. I sent the link to a friend...and sods law...it worked for him and saw Lordi play. Apparently they've just finished. I hate my computer...I still don't understand why I couldn't watch it!!!

text 16 to 61166!!

Texts cost about 25p i think, money well spent!

Loads of people emailed into the BBC and had their emails read out after the Lordi performance saying they were only watching for Lordi so everyone should vote. The commentator guy did a little interview with Lordi after their performance and gave them all sparklers! :lol:

And apparently they're through!! Bring on saturday!! LORDI FOR EUROVISION 2006!!

Yes sorry BBC3 indeed! My bad. That was a most excellent preformace! Pyro, wings, crowd singling along.... totally awesome. It made such a change from the standard entry which seems to be "Pretty (sometimes :rofl:) girl from our country in smallest skirt allowed for the competition." Oh what did anyone make of Iceland's entry? That was more contraversial than Lordi, it was like watching the Rocky Horror show :D

I have to say, the worst entry I've seen has to be from Merry Ol' England, with "Daz Simpson" talking twoddle while a load of underage slappers prat about in school uniform. Talk about bad taste -_-.

I wish Lordi all the best, and hope they do it for Finland and metal everywhere.

No idea precisely how well they did...but from the look of unofficial opinion polls pretty damn well I'd say!!

I watched the video for the UK's entry earlier...and was horrified!! I always thought it was going to be bad from what I'd heard...but that....

UK entry is appauling

Missed entire show tonight including Lordi cos I got phoned up this morning asking if I could work 3-7pm, got to work and was asked if I could work through to 11pm (tho I've been promised double pay)