Lost my fighting spirit

Music can be very well when you're depressed, but there are also some that is not. Personally I can't take haapy music when I'm down. But too dark music is not very good either. I listened to Limbonic Art once when I was really depressed, and that must be one of the most stupid things I've ever done to myself.

Btw, one thing... Several of you mentioned scars, carving and cutting... Just wondered what your experiences with these things are. Does it help? Why do you do it? How? ..... 'Cause it has helped me a lot. I does help me... At least for a while, because it makes me think of smth else. -Or nothing special. Then the depression eases - and I start to feel the cuts......

But I don't make these very large cuts. Like, my cousin told me about this girl she knows (because we met the father of her now dead child at Inferno)... She made a upside-down cross over her whole front body. I'd never do smth like that. -Well, never a upside-down cross cross in any size, but never that big, I mean.

It'd just be interesting to know what you others think about this subject.

I know of some people that used to cut themselves, to feel the pain or whatever the reason might be...

Well, personally, I never did that, even though I hit myself sometimes. It's just that mental pain is much more severe than physical, and replacing the one by the others doesn't seem like any way to solve the problem behind it...

Do you still cut yourself, Fjelltussa? I mean, I would not like to see you still do so, to be honest... you have beauty you may loose by that...

*hugs*

Originally posted by AnsuzAstral
Do you still cut yourself, Fjelltussa? I mean, I would not like to see you still do so, to be honest... you have beauty you may loose by that...

*hugs*

Thank you... Yes, I still do. I know that it won't solve any problems, but if I just cannot take the depression anymore, it helps to ease it a bit for a while. Some other problem to think about; a physical one; one that doesn't need thinking to solve. A wound heals by itself. Depressions don't.

Originally posted by Fjelltussa

Thank you... Yes, I still do. I know that it won't solve any problems, but if I just cannot take the depression anymore, it helps to ease it a bit for a while. Some other problem to think about; a physical one; one that doesn't need thinking to solve. A wound heals by itself. Depressions don't.

*Brrrrrr* Reading this makes me SO scared!!! :eek:((((
You have NO IDEA! When I was younger I had plans to kill
myself with a knife....not really a long story, but it never
happened, and all after that I have had all my respect for
things that *cut*... Then I have a friend, a very dear friend,
he cuts himself, and there is nothing I can do about it. He is
a very strong person, he knows why he does it, and it makes
him feel good for a while.... I know there's nothing I can do,
cause he knows himself so well... I can only be there for him,
you know?

Then I say, whatever makes you feel good is fine with me....
Just don't harm yourself, in any way. Only you can sort this
out, you are on about all the things that are hidden in your
unconciousness, and your answer will be there, you know
it :eek:) Work your problems out, I still haven't. But at the
moment I am not able to either....

But music is always there for me :eek:)

Did any of this make sense? Lol.... I'm just scared! :eek:|

I have never cut myself and not having any plans like that in the future...
No matter what shit I have been trough, I have always tried to see a positive light of how to get out of the shit... the greatest light sofar has always been music...
I just love life to much...

I have never tried to cut myself even when I was very depressed and suicidal. I am not sure if it helps any, and I don't know anyone who does it.

The only experience I have had where I tried to dull out my pain was to force myself to drink mouthwash. It didn't exactly work. I used to also sometimes mix drugs (like three different types of cough medication) together and take them. I still occasionally take a bit more medication than is necessary (like 3 Asprin or so instead of 2), but I don't think it hurts me any.

I don't hurt myself anymore by ingesting substances, even if I do feel depressed. I saw a psychiatrist and later took medication for my severe depression. It was an extreme thing to do, but I am sure I had to do it as I did not feel I could go on any longer and was "at the end of my rope". I think it was a life-changing and good thing for me, as I am not suicidal anymore and feel quite a bit better about myself.

I listen to music, write in my diary, immerse myself in my work to make myself happier during the depressive times. I also talk to my family or my best friend. My best friend has been such a huge support to me... I feel I could never repay her for all she has done.

I am finally beginning to see life as being beautiful and a thing to be cherished. I also accept sadness as part of the wonder of being alive as it is incredible (in my opinion) to feel such complex emotions.

It is great for me to be able to talk to you wonderful people here on these boards. I hope everyone here finds happiness in life, as you all deserve it.

Well, I've never cut myself. I've thought of suicide many times. I doubt I'd ever do it, but I still think about it. I'm basically the same way as mousewings and Blackspirit here. And everyone here helps me. I just hope you turn out ok, Fjell! You've been such a sweet person.

Originally posted by The Nomad
I seem to be a bit "backwards," if such a thing can be said about this. I cut myself (not for the past 7.3 years), but never thought of suicide.

Thankfully my life's going great now... I'm still single, but everything else is peachy keen.

That's good, I wish I could be happy for being single. I know people say being single is great, but I've never felt love before. So, I hope everyone understands what I mean. I just want to feel love, but I can't make someone go out with me.

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
That's good, I wish I could be happy for being single. I know people say being single is great, but I've never felt love before. So, I hope everyone understands what I mean. I just want to feel love, but I can't make someone go out with me.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not happy for being single. But so much else is going right in my life that I can't let that bring me down... I did that for 6 months last year, and it just wasn't worth the agony, stress, and whatnot.

But we've been over this. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Originally posted by The Nomad

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not happy for being single. But so much else is going right in my life that I can't let that bring me down... I did that for 6 months last year, and it just wasn't worth the agony, stress, and whatnot.

But we've been over this. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Ah, I see. That's a good point. I'm actually smiling a little bit now because I talked to this girl on the phone. And when her boyfriend called, she switched lines and told him she was talking to someone at the moment. Hehe, I was happy, 'cause she wanted to talk to me.

You guys are all so great. Thanks for being so nice.

:hotjump: Only 45 days until I get to visit my ex-girlfriend... sure we broke up nearly 6 years go, but that's but a detail.

Just kidding, my goal isn't to get back together with her (though I wouldn't complain)... I'm happy we're still real good friends...

mostly made sense...