LotR Warning!

Originally posted by dreamwatch
Anyone who hasn't seen the movie should check out the shocked/surprised smilie ont he new version of Microsoft messenger (see attached ;)). :lol:

TOO BLOODY TRUE!! :lol: :lol:

This movie is awesome! Sean Bean was the coolest as Boromir. Shame he won't be in any of the other films. The way he stuck his head out of the door and just casually said "They have a cave troll," ruled. It was totally different to the way I imagined it being said in the book. Ditto for Galadriel putting on her evil side. Legolas was much better in the film than in the book, in which he doesn't really do anything. The Balrog was amazing, and Jackson actually got it right -- it didn't have wings! Why do artists always paint Balrogs with wings? If they had wings, why would it have falled into the chasm? It would have bloody flown straight back out! I like Balrogs. Where can I buy one?

Most unexpected moment: Bilbo turning evil.

Only a couple of things I would make a negative comment about: Gimli crying at Balin's grave. That was lame. Boromir's horn. Again, lame. It sounded like a fart. In the book it shook the treetops when he blew it. And the Council was thankfully shorter, but resolved a little too quickly. Also, Sauron looked a bit cheesy. Everything else was great.

:)

I have read the books twice and I did have high expectations of this move. I was not disappointed. I thought that each character was well done and although many parts of the book werent in the movie they picked the best parts to fit a film.

Frodo was great. I am not an Elijah Wood fan but in this movie I think he played it very very well. The effects were damn aweseome and I have now seen the movie twice and want more. I dont think I can wait two damn years to see the rest! :cry: