Love of Live (part två)

Quite right, I did. I'm sorry for the wait, but as I'm pretty swamped with work at the moment things have dragged out a bit. Right now I'm finishing my Cathedral review; after this it's Testament and then I've finally arrived at Borknagar. Progress is slow but steady, hope you bare with me a little bit more ;)

for me so far:

Sep 25 Friday 2009
Privilegivm Tour at Poppodium Romein
Borknagar :hotjump:, Sólstafir, Code, Secrets of the Moon, Edge of Serenity

Oct 30 Friday 2009
Ensiferum at De Kelder
Ensiferum, Metsatöll, Tracedawn
[walking distance from my house! :loco:]

Dec 19 Saturday 2009
Eindhoven Metal Meeting at Effenaar
Thyrfing, Nile, Equilibrium, Belphegor, Impaled Nazarene, Krisiun, Negura Bunget, Legion of the Damned, Grave and more

I was also supposed to go see Opeth, Dream Theater, Unexpect, Bigelf on my birthday 7th oct. but the tickets are so fckin expensive that i just had to let this one go :cry:

Quite right, I did. I'm sorry for the wait, but as I'm pretty swamped with work at the moment things have dragged out a bit. Right now I'm finishing my Cathedral review; after this it's Testament and then I've finally arrived at Borknagar. Progress is slow but steady, hope you bare with me a little bit more ;)

No worries! :)

so in the end i'm going to see finntroll this night.
i'm gonna leave in an hour or two :excited:

I just wrote this in the Borknagar forum, but I thought I'd just as well add it in here as well, for those of you who don't go there too often;

Our review and photos from Borknagar's Wacken concert has finally been done and uploaded to our site. I hope you like what you see, and don't be afraid to leave a comment ;)
Also, if you haven't been there before, it may be fun to stop by the Vintersorg part of the site as well. Nothing new (of course), but I thought that as we have some new faces in here, you might wanna take a look. Who knows?

So, anyway, now I'm just preparing for the show next week, and we'll have photos and a review from that one as well later on...

Our review and photos from Borknagar's Wacken concert has finally been done and uploaded to our site. I hope you like what you see, and don't be afraid to leave a comment ;)

That was well worth the wait both in regards of pics and review. Now I am counting down the remaining days until saturday even more ;) It's been four years for me.

edit: since you mentioned it I was also checking the older reviews for the Vintersorg festival gigs.....was nice to think back to them. I had also reviews written back then and I definitely remember I mentioned being surprised by Curtains as well.

I just realized (with some help from Gaunerin ;)) that I forgot to post a small update about the Borky show in Hamburg.
Anyway, absolutely fan'fucking'tastic evening! Missed Code, as the room was too small, and there were too many people. Sólstafir were pretty cool, haven't heard or seen them before. Secrets Of The Moon were dead boring, and it didn't help they literally filled the room with smoke and had no lights.
And then came Borknagar.

It was an indescribable feeling seeing them so up close (I was in the first row, and there was no pit between us and the stage) and on such a small stage. The energy was top notch, even though several people had left. I heard this was because of the train times, they stopped running and people couldn't get home if they stayed on...
The audience which stayed seemed to have a great time though, and we all screamed as hell. Mr. V appreciated this, and even offered me the mic for a short shout (do I need to say that this secured him the winner of "show of the year" by this? :D)
Afterwards, they all came out and hung around for a chat. Very nice, down-to-earth people all of them, and I managed to get a lot of shit signed (among others a drumstick from Dave. He threw it, my girl caught it, and gave it to me :) true love) I just hope I didn't piss Mr. V of by asking for a Vintersorg tour after the new album is released; I know I know, he doesn't tour anymore; but come on, it had to be asked!

Anyway, great night. Followed by a 5 hour drive home, a quick change of clothes, and then of to a full day of work, followed by a work-summer-party. Man was I beat during the Saturday. But all day at work I was walking round listening to Borknagar on my Ipod with an idiotic grin on my face! Don't think my colleagues quite understood what was going on...

man that is a great review! thnx! i would have gotten extremely jealous and upset after reading that if i haven't seen and experienced almost exactly the same myself! you bring back a warm fuzzy feeling to my heart :D

5 hour drive? and I thought I had it rough with my 2.5 hour journey. Lars was all like "wow you must have really wanted to see us if you drove from all the way down there!". damn right!

Now if only gas was a bit cheaper here in Holland.. :(