Low or The Gathering ?

Low Or The Gathering

• Total voters
Always been a HUGE fan of Low!
I'd have a tougher time choosing between "Low" and "Practice What You Preach".
I liked "The Gathering" but not nearly as much as the two mentioned above and "The Ritual" and "Souls of Black".

Hell....there ALL good!
:headbang:

Pretty much a tie in my book. These are the 2 Testament CDs that I listen to the most these days. I prefer the production of "The Gathering", but if I had to pick ONE, I would have to go with "Low".

After the disappointing (in my opinion) CD "The Ritual", this was the kick in the ass that Testament needed to keep their loyal metalhead fans. At the time that it came out, the record industry was pushing for "Alternative" and Testament pretty much said "fuck you" and made a brutal "Metal" CD and have never looked back...

Low...no doubt about that. I think The Gathering did not go down well with me because of a lack of guitar solos I think. Somehow there was something odd with that album which prevented me from gelling with it. I returned it to the record store the next day.

I go with Low. I remember getting that CD for my birthday back in probably '94 and was really impressed with the heaviness and the low end after being disappointed with the Ritual which was kinda like Tesatament light in my book.

No disrespect for testament's legacy (no pun intended). i love Low, Demonic, and the Gathering more than their old stuff. I liked how they got heavier and more aggressive while everyone else was mellowing out. I'm not to excited to hear new stuff because i read an interivew with eric saying it sounds like "the ritual". it might be cool if John Tempesta plays drums on it though. he kicks so much ass in testament.

...gotta go with The Gathering. :headbang:

Admittedly, i had problems with it initially because of some lyrics but after listening to the cd today while carefully reading the lyrics... i discovered that i had misinterpreted quite a bit.

Looking forward to new TESTAMENT !