Testament Record Sales

You know they could get the sales of Dark Roots up quicker if they did another video.

True. I can't get over the fact it never happened. Definitely a bad move from NB, but who knows maybe their research shows that videos don't help the sales that much.

True. I can't get over the fact it never happened. Definitely a bad move from NB, but who knows maybe their research shows that videos don't help the sales that much.

Well I'm sure they don't help nearly as much as they did in Thrash's heyday. They don't air it on TV or put the songs on radio, I saw the music video for More Then Meets the Eye on VH1 Classic once that's it. The record companies should be pushing for airtime there. Almost all the people I know go there for music when they're watching TV. That would help boost their sales better.

Sorry my Internet keeps going down on me. I´ll let you know when it´s finished. Hope to bring you some footage of native Burkina Fasoists building a temple in the shape of Chuck Billy for religious purposes.

I don't think these companies do a whole lot of research.They miss blatant opportunities all the time.Bands with videos always,always sell better than bands without.Even if that number is diminished now.

Sorry my Internet keeps going down on me. I´ll let you know when it´s finished. Hope to bring you some footage of native Burkina Fasoists building a temple in the shape of Chuck Billy for religious purposes.

Yeah ok:loco: and I can't wait to show you how big Megadeth truly is. They made a Sphinx in Honor of Dave Mustaine over in Egypt, that's how big they are there.

I don't think these companies do a whole lot of research.They miss blatant opportunities all the time.Bands with videos always,always sell better than bands without.Even if that number is diminished now.

Whataya mean by blatant opportunities?

Well,when the last time you saw them do any promotion outside of leading up to and just after release?Megadeth did Headcrusher on late night tv.Why can't Testament do something? Because the label isn't trying.All the bands promotion is done by them touring.And even though it's the labels biggest release to date they did one video that I don't think could have cost too much to make considering it was on Chucks home turf and they just had people show up.They talked about a video with this album and the last but where are they?And now no bluray in the US! Two things in business that I'm sure you know is that if you don't try you don't know and you have to spend money to make money.

Well,when the last time you saw them do any promotion outside of leading up to and just after release?Megadeth did Headcrusher on late night tv.Why can't Testament do something? Because the label isn't trying.All the bands promotion is done by them touring.And even though it's the labels biggest release to date they did one video that I don't think could have cost too much to make considering it was on Chucks home turf and they just had people show up.They talked about a video with this album and the last but where are they?And now no bluray in the US! Two things in business that I'm sure you know is that if you don't try you don't know and you have to spend money to make money.

Well in this case it looks like they're penny-pinching pretty good. And DROE is Nuclear Blast's biggest release? Like they've never had an album sell as well as DROE?? Also they're coming out with a live album of their concert in Huntington, NY later this year. So I guess that's a step in the right direction. I also agree that Nuclear Blast hasn't done much to promote the album. Come to think of it, Record Labels never really helped Testament at all. Atlantic too, they didn't do crap for them, Testament had like 2 or 3 music videos air on Headbanger's Ball and that was about it. There's also an extremely good chance that they're holding out on giving them their Gold Certifications for PWYP and The Ritual (The New Order and Souls of Black possibly went Gold too). The only other form of promotion they've gotten was word of mouth. It also shows they have a pretty decent following if in the mid 90s they were able to sell 114,000 copies of their album Low with no promotion at all. If their previous 2 albums were given more effort in promotion, TFOD would probably be sitting at 200,000 and DROE close to or over 100,000 in America right now. It's true that you need to spend money to make money but the problem is they're not willing to spend, and it's costing them and the bands under their label ALOT of money. A week's worth of promo and word of mouth will only get you so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Formation. In the States, of course. They have some bands that are big in other countries on their roster.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Formation. In the States, of course. They have some bands that are big in other countries on their roster.

Well according to Testament TFOD sold 84,000 in the U.S as of 2012 and 300,000 everywhere else as of 2011. It's probably like 100,000 in the U.S and 400,000 everywhere else by now so I'd be Shocked if it wasn't the labels best-seller, or at least one of their best selling. Who else big do they have? I know they have the Smaller 4 (Testament, Overkill, Exodus, and Death Angel) but that's all lol

As far as the bigger bands are concerned I think they have Nightwish, Hammerfall, Rhapsody, Helloween, Amorphis, Accept, Sabaton, Edguy, Symphony X, Kreator (they're all big in Europe), Meshuggah, Children of Bodom and Anthrax (for Europe only, I think).

As far as the bigger bands are concerned I think they have Nightwish, Hammerfall, Rhapsody, Helloween, Amorphis, Accept, Sabaton, Edguy, Symphony X, Kreator (they're all big in Europe), Meshuggah, Children of Bodom and Anthrax (for Europe only, I think).

That's pretty good actually

So where was it you saw someone put up an article showing Peterson saying Testament sold 4 million worldwide again?