Testament Record Sales

What album did only sell 4 million. Sounds like a fake number to me.

Wait a sec, you're saying Testament as a whole or a single album couldn't have sold 4 million copies but you claim this:

They are truly bigger than Metallica in Africa, they even had a tour with Beatles as special guests but it sadly fell through.

Verrrryyyy Interesting. You're either very delusional or you're new to the art of trolling. Here I'll give you a tip: You want to keep things slightly believable. Testament trying to tour with The Beatles? I don't think a student in the Elementary School I teach at would even believe that one. They broke up 10 years before Testament (Originally known as The Legacy at the time) even formed. Lennon was killed before they were even a thought lol. Try something like "They tried to tour with AC/DC" I think even that's more believable lmfao. Also NAME THIEF!

I might have said that, but I don't remember now. Maybe I was referring to the interview Pascal quoted. I'm sure the info about 100k of TFOD in the US or 300k worldwide came from there, the general number could have been there too, but I really can't recall now. Try finding that post and maybe you'll get the source.

Wait a sec, you're saying Testament as a whole or a single album couldn't have sold 4 million copies but you claim this:

Verrrryyyy Interesting. You're either very delusional or you're new to the art of trolling. Here I'll give you a tip: You want to keep things slightly believable. Testament trying to tour with The Beatles? I don't think a student in the Elementary School I teach at would even believe that one. They broke up 10 years before Testament (Originally known as The Legacy at the time) even formed. Lennon was killed before they were even a thought lol. Try something like "They tried to tour with AC/DC" I think even that's more believable lmfao. Also NAME THIEF!

What part of ONLY didn´t you understand.

It´s true the Beatles support act. When Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr heard of the opportunity to support Testament in Africa they started collecting hair from hairbrushes used by George and John. Then they contacted Ian Wilmut and Keith Campbell.

What part of ONLY didn´t you understand.

It´s true the Beatles support act. When Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr heard of the opportunity to support Testament in Africa they started collecting hair from hairbrushes used by George and John. Then they contacted Ian Wilmut and Keith Campbell.

Suuuuuurrreeee they did;) Lmfao I admire the persistence of this but you might want to try a more believable lie. Like try telling me they were going to tour with Metallica but it fell apart, I think that ones more believable.

I might have said that, but I don't remember now. Maybe I was referring to the interview Pascal quoted. I'm sure the info about 100k of TFOD in the US or 300k worldwide came from there, the general number could have been there too, but I really can't recall now. Try finding that post and maybe you'll get the source.

Yeah lol Mabye. I mean I'm still going to think 20-25 million WW for Testament and 16 million for Overkill but I won't have a problem if it's less. Like although Bobby G. Stated Overkill didn't sell over 2 million, he's also stated that he hasn't been given all the sales numbers or payments, So it could be possible that Atlantic's not releasing all of the numbers so that they don't have to pay him as much. Same with Testament. Gold certification is based on Shipments. They SOLD 150,000 in 3 years, 250,000 in 3 years, 450,000 in 3 years, and 485,000 in 15 years. I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that AT LEAST 500,000 copies of each one have been Shipped to stores. I also think Testaments sold At Least 1 million copies for each of their first 5 worldwide (Especially The Legacy, New Order, and PWYP). Atlantic just doesn't want to pay them more money.

hahahahahahahaha Testament trying tour with The Beatles thats the funniest shit I have heard in ages, like someone stated The Beatles were around way before Testament so obviously it's not happening haha, also sadly two members of The Beatles have passed and thirdly I am from where the Beatles are from and I am pretty sure I woul;d have heard something along them lines ;p

hahahahahahahaha Testament trying tour with The Beatles thats the funniest shit I have heard in ages, like someone stated The Beatles were around way before Testament so obviously it's not happening haha, also sadly two members of The Beatles have passed and thirdly I am from where the Beatles are from and I am pretty sure I woul;d have heard something along them lines ;p

Exactly lmao. This guys nuts

The record would go on to sell just short of half a million copies but in comparison to Metallica’s 30 million sales of the Black album this was seen as a relative failure, signalling the beginning of the end for Testament’s golden era
Read more at http://whatculture.com/music/testam...-thrash-metal-legends.php#l8PJlgA7yyoxBRxw.99.

Just another quote about The Ritual's sales (taken from here: http://whatculture.com/music/testament-5-greatest-albums-from-the-thrash-metal-legends.php). Not very accurate or anything, but I thought I'd post it here anyway. I know nothing about the source.

Yeah,had nothing to do with At;antic doing almost no promotion and Metallica having a promotion machine lol

On another note,every time blabbermouth has something on Megadeth they always have updated sales figures.Is that something the band supplied do you think?

Yes, I think such info comes from the band or band-related sources. Perhaps the guy who posted sales figures on their forum gives them to BBM when asked. Have you noticed that bllabbermouth has not been posting updates on sales for quite a while now? Have they lost their Soundscan connection? In the past they would give updates concerning an album under any news about a band at least for 6 months as of the album's release, plus when a new album was released they would make an update on the sales of the previous one (for the bigger bands at least). Now they only do that for first week sales.

I wish sludge scans were back. Metal By Numbers is good for relatively new albums, but there is no way to find out about the older ones, except for the bestsellers and an occassional Megadeth or Iron Maiden update.

Regarding your comment on promotion (or lack thereof) - I couldn't agree more. Seems like Atlantic had a gem in their hands and didn't know how to handle it so they chose to throw it away. Still, it probably was better for Testament (promotion-wise, not financially and legally) to be on a major label than on an independent one. Back then it would be harder to get on major tours and MTV without a big label name. At least so I imagine.

I noticed that too.Especially with the Queensryche thing going on.There have been so many stories.But they just keep putting out the first week sales figures.
With the exception of Megadeth.And that's why I asked.Also today there is a story on Dave and it says Megadeth have sold 50 million albums so far.