lryics on Looking Glass

raythetse

Where am I?
Jun 17, 2005
the cd book says, "The final answer she seeks, with the three to be crowned queen" but it sounds to me like russ sings something other than "with the three", almost sounds to me like he sings "devil lied" or something like that. I can't tell for sure though

Am I losing my mind, or is there something else being sung? and if so, anyone wanna verify?

Reactions: progmetaldan
thats something i noticed too - with a couple of their songs.. what he is singing doesnt sound quite like what is written.. it is a little bothersome.. i wonder if that will ever be cleared up..

thats something i noticed too - with a couple of their songs.. what he is singing doesnt sound quite like what is written.. it is a little bothersome.. i wonder if that will ever be cleared up..

what other songs...?

the only one i can think of right away is out of the ashes well the books quotes the lyrics as "beyond the chains, there is a bed of snakes where evil lay"

sounds to me like he sings "behind the gates"

its not entirely uncommon for lyrics to be different from whats written in the booklet, but most times its only a change of just a single word with little effect to whats being said, and usually u can hear whats really being sung. but in Looking glass I'm not at all sure.

i can't believe i never thought to post it before, i've wondered ever since I first listened to the album over 2 years ago, as I usually read the lyrics as i'm listening the first time to most albums i get.

yeah I do as well, and it definately sounds like "behind the gates" to me... I don't know why they do it???

I think its likely they had the lyrics written out and then during recording vocals they decided to change them without editing the original printed out lyrics. sometimes for flow, which i figure with the looking glass example, or like in DWoT which i remember now i think russel signs "blood, velvet moon" rather than the way its printed, "red ,velvet moon", the lyrics themselves are just more :headbang:

hmm, it's not "with the tree" but I don't think it's "devil" although it sounds like "devil lied" or "devil late" in the studio version, but if you listen to it on Live on the Edge of Forever, you can hear that he's singing sth different.

hmm, it's not "with the tree" but I don't think it's "devil" although it sounds like "devil lied" or "devil late" in the studio version, but if you listen to it on Live on the Edge of Forever, you can hear that he's singing sth different.

i don't have that album actually, I don't often buy live albums, just live DVDs.

maybe i'll pick it up someday... the only live albums i can think of that i have are rock in rio for maiden, JP n RD, adn some compilations with a few live track but mostly studio tracks.

If I've got no more of their albums or dvd's to get, I might get their live stuff to complete the collection if I see it on special or something, but otherwise I've got so many albums on my list to get, that I just don't have enough money... :erk:

I'll buy a live album if it has a drum solo or a keyboard solo or a guitar solo or something of the sort.

The Planet X live album 'Live From Oz' I got that for a couple of reasons:

1. It was recorded here in Australia

2. It has Drum solo (Virgil Donati), Keyboard (Derek Sherinian and the most awesome guitar solo ever by the amazing Mr Tony MacAlpine (As Steve Vai would say :lol: )

3.It isn't available on dvd, which if it was, I would have bought a long time ago, and it would probably be my all time favourite live concert dvd...

4. Although they've been to Australia a few times, I've missed them every time... :cry:

5. It's kicks ass! :headbang: