lryics on Looking Glass

I heaps wish they had included that whole concert on the live dvd... It's awesome that it has Scenes in its entirety as well as A Mind Beside Itself, A Change Of Seasons and Learning To Live, but there's so much more awesome stuff on the cd that woulda been cool live...

sooo... anyone know what russ sings in thought the looking glass?

and yeas bass solos are a huge plus, they are fairly rare so they don't have to be terribly amazing, its just nice to see regardless... unless of course its the most rediculously bad thing ever, but otherwise, its good to see.

Now that I listened the song and especially that part I have always thought it's: "they will lie to be crowned fool" :lol:

I must be the only one here that thinks bass solos are kinda lame. I've always considered bass a rythm instrument, and is also the reason why I'd never buy a bass that has more than 5 strings.

But I don't think bass players should be restricted in their playing just cos they're only meant to play 'rhythm'... I thought it was the coolest thing ever at G3 when Billy Sheehan let loose with the most insane bass solo I've EVER seen... Better even than some of the ones on "Live at the Astoria London" :worship:

And grand medieval melodies on a six-string do sound awesome... :D

When I say bass solos, I'm talking about bass shred. Take Divine Wings as an example, at 8:30 into the song there's a bass solo, but it's arguably one of the best parts in the song. Bass weedleys turn me off to a very large extent, but stuff like LePond's performance on the entire 2nd disc of Live on the Edge of Forever is just plain kickass in every possible way (And he was using a 4 string bass)

Mike Lepond is awesome with only 4 strings, and Billy Sheehan only uses 4 strings... ANd I'm not saying more than 4 are essential, but I do enjoy 5 and 6 strings...

BTW That part of DWOT is awesome!!! I also love the part where the guitar and keyboard are combining with the guitar doing an ascending run i think, and the keys descending (or maybe the other way around...) and they do it timed so that it's like multiple massive runs up and down... It's cool anyway... :p

Now that I listened the song and especially that part I have always thought it's: "they will lie to be crowned fool" :lol:

actually i thought it was fool too, until i did some EQ on it and just does a sort of strange pronunciation on queen, draws it out a bit.

The Planet X live album 'Live From Oz' I got that for a couple of reasons:

1. It was recorded here in Australia

2. It has Drum solo (Virgil Donati), Keyboard (Derek Sherinian and the most awesome guitar solo ever by the amazing Mr Tony MacAlpine (As Steve Vai would say :lol: )

3.It isn't available on dvd, which if it was, I would have bought a long time ago, and it would probably be my all time favourite live concert dvd...

4. Although they've been to Australia a few times, I've missed them every time... :cry:

5. It's kicks ass! :headbang:

That guitar solo is probably one of my favourite solos of all time! :headbang:

for those live albums, I think the Symphony X live album is really worth getting it, since Michael LePond plays some of the old stuff and a lot of parts were arranged new and the sound is of course more modern

That guitar solo is probably one of my favourite solos of all time! :headbang:

for those live albums, I think the Symphony X live album is really worth getting it, since Michael LePond plays some of the old stuff and a lot of parts were arranged new and the sound is of course more modern

Tony is an amazing guitarist, that's for sure! :worship: That solo is also one of my favourites...

I might get the live album, I've only just seen it in the store, but it's about $38 Australian... :erk: Maybe I'll wait til it comes down a bit in price...

then why not start a "Top 10 Bassists" thread? :lol:

I was going to, but after the drummer one, there was some slightly negative feedback as to the idea of more top 10 threads, so I decided against it...

Just for what it's worth though, seeing as that you are so interested :p ...

Billy Sheehan
John Myung
Lars K Norberg
Doug Keyser
Pete Perez
Mike Lepond
Martin Mendez
John Patitucci
Jaco Pastorius
Victor Wooten

:cool:

:lol:

That would be great! Thanks! It'll be interesting to see whether he can even remember...

do they not perform that song very often?

of not, they should, its one of the best songs of twilight; with smoke and mirrors, and lady of the snow its the top 3 from the album IMO...

and thanx jax, just have him com eot my place and sing it live for me :D