LW-MUST pickups

Radd

Self Portrait
Jul 19, 2005
NJ
www.soundclick.com
http://www.seymourduncan.com/

I guess these LW-MUST pickups come out next week?
Anyone plan on getting them?
Curious to how they compare to the emg actives.

From the site:
"The resonant frequency of the bridge and neck pickup is matched with that of the SH-4 JB and SH-2n Jazz Model (neck) respectively."

Hmm.... I've been using a LW-HMET and LW-CH1 in my baritone for years now. I love the sound of them- active, but doesn't sound like an EMG. The MET has way more output then a 81 or 85, kinda overdrives the signal enough to not need a TS... That's what turned me on to those... But the Mustaine model sounds like it's going to be a much lower output to keep it from being to agressive. I'll stick with my LW-HMET.......

I've seen the ad for those and was just about to ask if anybody had any experience with SD Live Wire in general?
Everybody's EMG this and that, I'm really keen to know how these compare to them....

SickBoy said:
I've seen the ad for those and was just about to ask if anybody had any experience with SD Live Wire in general?
Everybody's EMG this and that, I'm really keen to know how these compare to them....

Shall I post a comparison????

Ok, I did a quick swap in my Ibanez to show the difference between the LW-MET and the EMG 85(bridge position)..... Same guitar, same amp setup, only the pickup changed.....

Clip Here

I was very suprised, they sound the same......

Edit:

After throwing the LW left and the 85 right, I could hear a difference.... Sounds like the LW has more clarity, and the palm mutes sound better IMO

Yeah they certainly don't sound the same. The EMG 85 has a much rounder and fuller low-end. The LW-MET sounds tighter though.

Could just be the amp settings varying from pickup to pickup though. Both would warrant their own.

I'm really curious how these will sound. A tighter version of the jb would be awesome, as the low end is really the only thing I dislike about that pickup.