Lykathea Aflame

livingtodie

Mar 24, 2004
I just recently got into this band and I think they're pretty amazing.
Its like Cryptopsy but they're being raped by muslim elves.
Are there more bands that play this fast-paced/experimental death style?

For some reason I have not heard Gorguts or Crimson Massacre yet and can't comment on those, but I can say that Demilich has little in common with LA. They aren't nearly as melodic, which is a large part of the draw of LA. I can't offer anything really similar sounding though. Sorry for such a useless post.

not sure about Crimson Massacre but the only thing Gorguts and Demilich have in common with them are the tech elements, which aren't as pronounced in Lykathe's sound... they are extremly unique, so much so that perhaps the closest thing would be Nile but i'm sure you know them

Lykathea said:
Crimson Massacre

This band... are they worth persevering? I listened to their new album twice, and aside from a couple of early At The Gates type moments, I didn't hear much of interest. Or does it take like, 20 more listens before I'll "get it"?

don't fucking waste your time with Demilich. I can't tell you how many times i've heard "genius" or "brilliant" in reference to them, but listening to their album, I don't understand a bit of the hype. really boring band.

I don't see what the fuss is about Demilich or early Amorphis, which always come up in DM recommendations. Both are very bland. I suppose Lykathea Aflame does come somewhat close to Nile, with some of the same Eastern sounding elements.

In other news, the American Gorgasm is pretty good brutal DM, and Panzerfaust is fucking awesome.