The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed)

Spectacular Views said:
the first track on that album is a classic imo, the rest doesnt do much for me but a lot of people like it...if youre expecting blackmetal youll be disappointed though

I'm actually try to not expect anything, due to their avantgarde tag.

well they are definitely "post-black metal", i think their earlier stuff is more blackmetal or whatever

Nah, I never quite got In the Woods either. I've had a couple of very enjoyable experiences listening to them, but most of the time I get nothing.

I've only heard Omnio. It did virtually nothing for me. So I guess count me among the people who don't "get" In the Woods.

Not comparable. Omnio did nothing for me, but HEart of the Ages is fucking haunting. Reminds me of a black metal King Crimson for some reason. Perhaps I'm alone in that beleif.

I listened through Thergothons Streams from the Heavans and not being familiar with doom of any sort i am left questioning their work and doom itself.

For me elemental was the highlight of the album, maybe because at 4.35 the fastest beat played on this album was initiated and it felt like such a release after the slooooow death it bathes you in.

I also like tom attack in the watchers guard.

When do you listen to doom? (of course there is no specific time to listen to anything) but it just seems good for background music when you are studying
or something, you don't have to pay close attention (doesn't have thought provoking layers) to this music, it sort of just drapes over you.

So is it just all about that emotion and atmosphere it creates? i mean i would hardly ever be in the mood to listen to stuff like this, have i misunderstood what it's all about.

Listen to Skeptecism and Mournful Congregation. Not that it'll make much of a difference, Stream from the Heavens is among the greatest, but the others have their definite qualities. I find that you DO need to give it your full attention, let yourself be overcome by the weight and depth of the music.

MasterOLightning said:
Omnio is sort of like a less structured Pale Folklore in sound. Much, much less structured though.

Surely you're joking. Omnio is one of the most (possibly best is the word i'm looking for) structured concept albums i've heard. Pale Folklore is as loose as my grandmother.