The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed)

Demilich is certainly a unique band, but I don't think they are "avant-garde" as the OP said in another thread and implied in this one. Like VVVVV said, they embody death metal entirely. They aren't genre pushing like other bands mentioned here though.

They definitely do considering they embody death metal more than most other bands do. Total and utter macabre chaos. Wormed is another example, and they are also pretty original, not only musically (very extreme, creative songwriting, raw yet polished sound, interesting clean section, strange concepts) but also thematically...Wormed perfectly embodies death metal in the modern sense; total extreme brutality.

Me and me mate were discussing this one day, i'm in a rush so i will just state two obvious bands and reply with something better later. Cynic and later Death

MetalNoob said:
I haven't ever attempted to listen to them (though I will soon). Anyway, can anyone describe their sound to me?

it's kind of hard to pin them down. Agalloch gets compared to them quite a bit. They're in that experiment/progressive black metal vein. Get yourself Heart of the Ages and Omnio

Psychotic Waltz, havn't really got into them i only like the song mosquito, but i havn't heard anything too similar.

I think any more bands said after this point will be unkown to me... so get posting you knowledgeable bastards.

Demilich is one of those bands that should have released one more album. Swedish and finland death metal bands either can't keep a band together or sell out. THE CURSE OF THE BEST DEATH METAL!

EUROPE (HOME OF THE QUITTERS)