The Extreme Music Forum's Top Recommended Albums Lists

It's true that reading your posts is pretty ill-advised, especially clicking for more after the regular dose of dementia. However he's new here and I doubt he will do the same mistake twice.
Considering that I put him on my ignore list, you're probably right about me not reading his posts anymore. :)

I used to feel the need to argue with tnb all the time... He's not that bad though, especially when you find some common listening ground and quit arguing. (Ours is apparently traditional metal)

Asphyx did not make it up there because too few ended up supporting the same album, as was an issue with Death.

All the joking and complaining aside, i'd say it's still a pretty solid list none the less ... Nesphite belongs up there, but should be no where near the top 5. Also, i've never heard of Molested :(

Lot of stuff on that black metal list that i still need to check out.

All the joking and complaining aside, i'd say it's still a pretty solid list none the less ... Nesphite belongs up there, but should be no where near the top 5. Also, i've never heard of Molested :(

Lot of stuff on that black metal list that i still need to check out.

that molested album is fucking intense, really bizarre

I'm predicting Crystal Logic ranked above any Iron Maiden (except maybe the S/T) and The Warning being the only Queensryche album featured (if any).

I doubt there will be any Queensryche. First Pagan Altar will probably be in top 5.

I doubt there will be any Queensryche. First Pagan Altar will probably be in top 5.

I thought about Pagan Altar but wasn't sure what their policy is on trad vs trad/doom. Since Disembowelment made it into the death metal list then I guess it's probably a good bet (but I'll be a little more conservative and say top 7-8). Cirith Ungol should of course be up there with Pagan Altar as well.

Cirith Ungol is crap.

851584_217174905098401_1164928215_n.png

I disagree, but my point above was just purely predictive based on the death and black metal lists as well as the op and how seriously the members of that LastFM group seem to take their club. I wouldn't put their albums in a top 25 myself tbh.

I would put Frost and Fayah somewhere in heavy metal top 10 myself.

EDIT: I will listen to it now when I'm at it.

Don't forget that Manilla Road and Iron Maiden both suffer from the same issue that Asphyx, Death, and Hellhammer did...people will find it difficult to unite behind one or two releases.

Don't forget that Manilla Road and Iron Maiden both suffer from the same issue that Asphyx, Death, and Hellhammer did...people will find it difficult to unite behind one or two releases.

AFAIK people usually settle down with Crystal Logic and Rack. The others may be an issue, but I honestly don't give a shit about Iron Maiden and Death, so I wouldn't know.