The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed)

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I'm glad they broke up, they could have fucked their legacy.

To me, Demilich is in a fairly unique position as far as their legacy. They made one album, one bizarre death metal album that isn't terribly comparable to anything that preceeded it, and then they vanished. More than that though, no one that came after them really sounded at all like them, even if some bands possess individual elements that are similar. I mean, there have been other bands who make one stand-out record and vanish, but the fact that they didn't really cultivate any kind of new sound full of imitators and copycats has also struck me.

Jreg said:
To me, Demilich is in a fairly unique position as far as their legacy. They made one album, one bizarre death metal album that isn't terribly comparable to anything that preceeded it, and then they vanished. More than that though, no one that came after them really sounded at all like them, even if some bands possess individual elements that are similar. I mean, there have been other bands who make one stand-out record and vanish, but the fact that they didn't really cultivate any kind of new sound full of imitators and copycats has also struck me.

Yeah true, they're a very singular entity in death metal, which makes them that much cooler to me.

The_Isle said:
guys, how bout Stargazer, Portal

Stargazer for sure, Portal I don't know the first time I listened to them I was too busy trying to understand what the fuck was going on to really tell if it was "innovative."

And yeah, diSEMBOWELMENT for sure.

I honestly don't know any bands outside of razorback records that sound like Frightmare. They combine death, thrash, grind, and punk with a horror theme. They add traditional heavy metal solos and about six different vocal pitches. They sound pretty original to me.

Anyone heard Haggard? even i havn't as of yet... haha but reviews say they are very original. Look on the archives, they are a 16 man band/orchestra!

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I honestly don't know any bands outside of razorback records that sound like Frightmare. They combine death, thrash, grind, and punk with a horror theme. They add traditional heavy metal solos and about six different vocal pitches. They sound pretty original to me.

Impetigo did that like 15 yeard ago.

the first track on that album is a classic imo, the rest doesnt do much for me but a lot of people like it...if youre expecting blackmetal youll be disappointed though