Lyric discussion

JesterOfDeath

AKA Addicted To Death
Nov 16, 2001
Chicago, Illinois
www.roomsevenstudios.com
Hey Guys, the other day my friend brought up CoB and he hates the fact that you can't understand anything Alexi says and that he can't stand that the lyrics aren't in the cd's. I responded that the lyrics were private so Alexi didn't want to share them and that Alexi's voice rocks! What do you guys think of the lyrics situation?

Its way better on HCD than on SW, cuz if he wanna sound remarkeble he does, and if he doesnt want to, he simply doesnt :D
Way I like cob is the music, not lyrics, I never considered really, what are the about.

if you ask kimberly about that she'll say that if the lyric isnt in the booklet it's cause it doesnt exist. I personally dont believe that so much eheh, cause there are some songs with no lyrics on the booklet that if you pay attention you'll eventually understand what he's saying.... maybe those are private, or i dunno..

Originally posted by gothErika®
if you ask kimberly about that she'll say that if the lyric isnt in the booklet it's cause it doesnt exist. I personally dont believe that so much eheh, cause there are some songs with no lyrics on the booklet that if you pay attention you'll eventually understand what he's saying.... maybe those are private, or i dunno..

Yaeh Erika, I don´t believe to much on it too... and in all bootlegs I have listened Alexi always maintened the sames words, and phrases... so I don´t believe to much that he always invent during the shows!! :D

Well I don't know why Alexi doesn't print all the lyrics, but he used to improvise a lot. Sometimes he'd improvise a section in a song that has printed lyrics too (like Bed of Razors, the part before the solo isn't words). But also in songs that have no printed lyrics there are sometimes clearly words (Downfall). And they are NOT personal, if anything the reason would be that he thinks the lyrics are two disturbing or sensitive, but that doesn't seem likely either.

Anyways it seems he has abandoned imrpivisation for HCD except maybe for a few parts... youc an check out my site and look at what I (and others who sent me ideas) think about the songs.

Originally posted by BodomiC
Its way better on HCD than on SW, cuz if he wanna sound remarkeble he does, and if he doesnt want to, he simply doesnt :D
Way I like cob is the music, not lyrics, I never considered really, what are the about.
I agree , I care about the instrumentation of CoB which is simply orgasmic..
I don't care for what lyricist are trying to tell me with their songs.. Because it's usually incoherent or shit I don't care for,

Originally posted by BodomiC

True!

I like their music too, it simply destroys! But not their lyrics. They won't be useful in my life anyway :D