Hi, I got a few Questions.

Mr. Shred-ididle

Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head
Jan 25, 2003
I just got Follow the Reaper today!!
OMG, what have I been missing! Alexi is amazing, so is Janne. It really amazes me how they play very melodic lines and there shred lines!!! holy shit!
Unfortunatly, I heard COB a fair while ago but didn't bother getting anything as I totally hated the vocals. I didn't hear any solo's to make me get any aswell. I didn't know how talented Alexi, Janne and the rest of the guys are. It was't until i heard the full song "Children of Decadence" at a music shop on holiday that I was amazed. When I bought the album today the guy over the counter amazed at what I was getting at my age (I'm 13) .He was like "So...uh...wow... you like the heavy stuff?". I don't like the heavy stuff actually, I'm a total prog-head and shred-head. Normally I really don't like much Black metal or Death metal unless it's stuf like Opeth or technically progressive Death. The vocals really annoy me. But the music in COB is so melodic, shreddy and amazing that I can manage to "ignore" the vocals. After hearing this I've decided that COB are easily one of my favourite bands (after Symphony X, Spiral Architect, Evergrey and mabey DT)

anyway, I've got a few questions for you guys.

1) Howcome in the Folow the Reaper booklet it only has the lyrics for "Everytime I die", "Hate Me!" and "Kissing the Shaddows"? and all the other songs don't have the lyrics in it?
2) How would you classify COB? I know it's been asked a million times, but I'll call it Black Neo-classical Metal.
3) Where does the name "Children of Bodom" come from? What is Bodom?

Cheers and metal on,:wave:

Reactions: Yetti
1) i dont know
2) its hard to classify them into one category because all their albums have a different sound
3)its the shortened name of a lake in finland. back in 1960 there was a brutal triple murder of some kids, ages 15-18. you can find the whole story at http://members.lycos.co.uk/scythesofbodom/ look for other sections then click "the lake bodom". anything you could want to know about the band is on that site. maybe even a few things you didnt.