Some questions about guitar tunings

Greg Moore

Bastard of Bodom
Oct 20, 2005
Switzerland
I've seen CoB 2 times live this year and I've seen some photos from Australia Gigs this year and now I've got a few questions about the tunings they use live.

First, we all know Sixpounder, Angels and all are you dead yet stuff is in Drop-C Tuning, the rest in D-Tuning.

But on festivals first song was Sixpounder and after that came Silent Night, Bodom Night but Alexi didn't change the guitar. So is he playind SNBN in Drop-C or what ??

And now about Roope: Why is he using three guitars ?? He used zwo different ESP random stars and also his white Jackson. I think he used two Random Stars because he in the pictures you can see that Alexi has got the dropped-C guitar and Roope a Random Star. In another picture you see Alexi with the D Tuning guitar and Roope again with Random Star. Don't think they olay different tunings. And then another picture shows us Alexi with D-Tuning Guitar and Roope with white Jackson. So whats the matter with that??

that's interesting that he played silent night bodom night in C, i dunno if this is just a mistake in sight or not, but Roope probably has two guitars tuned to D and one to C, he probably just likes to change guitars more often than alexi or something, youd have to ask him for the best answer, and BTW, Drop C is awesome along with both of their guitar collections

that's because they all gigs are playbacked. They're just running around with guitars to look cool.

no no no...i saw him in slovenia, he plays snbn with drop-c guitar, but the lowest he plays is D (on the second fret of 6th string). then he changed guitar. i guess he likes to play snbn with white one...nothing serious

don't know for roope though, i guess it is same situation

ive seen some guitarists just do a quarter turn on the pegs. The lead in my old band did it all the time, he never had a tuner. The second guitar was in the event of a string breaking.

Turbo said:
ive seen some guitarists just do a quarter turn on the pegs. The lead in my old band did it all the time, he never had a tuner. The second guitar was in the event of a string breaking.
Kinda hard with locking....whip out the allen key real fast or leave it loose...or just change guitar.