Lyrics

Reminds me of Biohazard. Is rhyming overly important? I know alot of extreme bands don't rhyme, but most of those bands are devoid of melody and just play riff after riff.

here is another kinda with the WoY fell to it

They say it will come
but how would they know?
stimulations numb
its a no show
they havent been through it
so why would they care
they just cant admit my life will tear
nobody understands
who i am
through my lifespan
dont give a damn
salt in my wounds
blood in my eyes
I go through my ruins
my soul cries
I will die alone
no one cares
sorrows unknown
lost in my lairs
time will tell
hearts will break
my hope to hell
no more i can take

ok i see what you mean, but Woods lyrics, while they may be depressing at times, dont go as far as "No one understands who I am. I will die alone, no one cares"
Great observation! Despair is an easy conclusion to come to, but the problem is that it's predictable - it always ends the same way. People will always allow you to give up if you want to, so when encountering 'despair', it allows you an opportunity to be really crafty in your thinking when rationalising reasons to keep going. Because after all, what other choice do you have? Basically, from the Woods book of black and doom lyrics, it's twisting the despair into reasons to live that becomes fun and exciting.

Quick note (more later) - Lyrics are hard. IMO - They're maybe the hardest part of the whole creative metal process (including riffs, drums, arrangements, etc...). If you care about your lyrics, I don't think anything is more challenging than deciding with yourself what you want your message to be and then finding the right words to get that message accross AND then have the guts to let other people hear and read them and let them judge you for how you feel. For every one 'Word' document page of lyrics that actually get used in a Woods song, I'll probably throw 9 more pages of ideas away. It is the creative process itself of trying to find the right words that helps you to discover what it really is you want to say. You might go into writing a lyric about how you feel about a certain topic, but as you write, you may learn more about how you truly feel about it that may differ from what you originally set out to write. For example: you may set out to write something positive about your metal scene, but after writing and realising how you really feel about it, you may start to write about how you hate it instead.

I'm currently finishing up the last of the lyrics for "Woods 3" (there are just a few left to go!). It has been a very long and time consuming process, but I am proud to say that it has been worth all the work and I think I've covered a lot of ground with what I wrote. I'll post more about lyrics when they're all complete...and I can relax for a bit. :)

Thanks as always for your interest! :kickass:

which song has "kick over the stone that bears your name, i spit on the snow that covers your grave" lyrics

and with certain songs if you dont mind what things happened in your life to affect the lyrics

the song with those lyrics is "this ontario town is a burial ground".

Great observation! Despair is an easy conclusion to come to, but the problem is that it's predictable - it always ends the same way. People will always allow you to give up if you want to, so when encountering 'despair', it allows you an opportunity to be really crafty in your thinking when rationalising reasons to keep going. Because after all, what other choice do you have? Basically, from the Woods book of black and doom lyrics, it's twisting the despair into reasons to live that becomes fun and exciting.

I really like this paragraph... never thought about it like that at all. For me, it's always been that when I get to that point of hopelessness, I train myself to be aware that it is temporary and working on developing mechanisms to get back into a more rational thought process