Katatonia lyrics (meanings behind them)

Well no, this is very logical. I could write negative lyrics about those kind of people myself too, but it's not fair to categorize them as fans, because there's much more "good fans" out there than those "worshipers". Maybe this is what caused this argument.

There are so many people who are searching for their own personal identity and they have no real way to communicate that or express that, so they find idols to fill an empty void. They have not been "shown the way". So to speak.

Jonas won't explain his lyrics here for sure, because if he explain here then it proves that he failed at transfering the poem concept to audience and thats a weakness in poetry.
If we can take many different meanings from a lyric, its a success for him cuz thats what he wanted.

i don't think there is really a set "meaning" behind them. everybody has their own interpretation of the meaning behind them are. Jonas' could be different from Anders and Anders could be different from yours. it's really all about what you think they mean. so i really don't think there is a set meaning. if there is, then i am way off the course of that.

Only ones I know is Opeth, Katatonia and Moonsorrow forums.

many forums have band members attending regularly nowadays, Novembers Doom and Daylight Dies forums have most of their members speaking in their boards. but yeah, you shouldnt be so whiny if they dont answer every thing you ask, they dont get paid to answer questions they get paid to play and thats what theyre doing most of the time

but yeah I find the lyrics to TGCD very cryptic, which i like but most of them i still dont get it. And the lyrics to ghost of the sun is pretty much incredibly obvious to me. I really dont like the lyrics to ghost at all, really way to straight and un-poetic "you lied i dont care you fucking shit ass whore you lied you said you wouldnt and you lied, fucking whore" the only cool part is the city of glass part, really nice metaphor of how delicate the authors personality is. at least thats how I interpret it i could be horribly wrong

i totally agree with the other members you must think that they spent most part of their times answering to interview so probably when they are in their "normal clothes" they only wish to be treated as "human", so i think that you shouldn't have so bad opinion about their avaibility to answering questions. I've never met no one from this band so i cannot be sure about it, but if they still to be in here probably they care. they can't spent all their life trying to answer to every question that a fan did . Try to see them as normal people with a special talent, they are very often on the road so when they are at home they want to stay relaxed.And about "Follower" it could be in the way you describe, once i've met a guy that told me that he was disappointed by the treatment that a famous swedish band give him, i'm recently became friend of one of those guys and i can swear that they are really kind with people . So when i've met him in sweden some days a go why he can tell something so bad about them!! and he tolds me that he loves his work and stay with people but sometimes people has a bad attitude, he tolds me that after the concert you meet some fans and most of them came ask you a sign a photos and they run away from another one , or they stop you ask you something after they see your singer they run away and after have done their stuff with him they can back and they go at home, so they probably don't care a lot about the band,they only care about being so cool to have take a photo with him and to have their best album signed also if you had never play on the album( is if you go from daniel with java elohim met) , so it happens that sometimes he feels treated his person as a tiger at the zoo, and he thinks that is bothering that. And that he was totally shocked 'cuz when he met me i was talking with him as his friends normaly do, i've never spoken with him about his band, and when i'm with my friends i get angry if someone ask him something 'cuz if he is "in here" is only to hanging out , and keep on touch with people that trust him.

p.s: i hope to have write in a understandable english (sorry again but grammar is not my best)

i totally agree with the other members you must think that they spent most part of their times answering to interview so probably when they are in their "normal clothes" they only wish to be treated as "human", so i think that you shouldn't have so bad opinion about their avaibility to answering questions. I've never met no one from this band so i cannot be sure about it, but if they still to be in here probably they care. they can't spent all their life trying to answer to every question that a fan did . Try to see them as normal people with a special talent, they are very often on the road so when they are at home they want to stay relaxed.And about "Follower" it could be in the way you describe, once i've met a guy that told me that he was disappointed by the treatment that a famous swedish band give him, i'm recently became friend of one of those guys and i can swear that they are really kind with people . So when i've met him in sweden some days a go why he can tell something so bad about them!! and he tolds me that he loves his work and stay with people but sometimes people has a bad attitude, he tolds me that after the concert you meet some fans and most of them came ask you a sign a photos and they run away from another one , or they stop you ask you something after they see your singer they run away and after have done their stuff with him they can back and they go at home, so they probably don't care a lot about the band,they only care about being so cool to have take a photo with him and to have their best album signed also if you had never play on the album( is if you go from daniel with java elohim met) , so it happens that sometimes he feels treated his person as a tiger at the zoo, and he thinks that is bothering that. And that he was totally shocked 'cuz when he met me i was talking with him as his friends normaly do, i've never spoken with him about his band, and when i'm with my friends i get angry if someone ask him something 'cuz if he is "in here" is only to hanging out , and keep on touch with people that trust him.

p.s: i hope to have write in a understandable english (sorry again but grammar is not my best)

I understand your effort to speak understandable english Luce, but i really didnt understand a thing you said about Daniel and Java elohim met, totally lost me there

thank you ..anyway i hope you have understand the other part ..anyway it was just an exemple for tell it's how to go by Daniel (katatonia drummer) and ask him to take a signature over brave murder day..it was only a way to tell that they didn't care about what you do , it's only a comparison but "it's only Idolatry"

=_= sorry it's really hard to write a post in a forum actually cuz i'm really verbose @_@ so i write really long post but for my english and for a lack of attention by the readers after i look wrost than i am..anyway if you have any question do it i will answer step by step

Never mind that. I concentrated a bit and it wasn't hard to understand.
I totally agree with you too. And I very much encourage people to step up to a band to show some honest appreciation, 'cause I'm afraid bands get more of the people that you described than an honest "thank you" or little talk from a real fan

I would like to show my appreciation to Katatonia by getting drunk with them and acting like a fucking moron, and saying "I love you guys, you guys are fucking cool as as shit"

Then I would proceed to punch the band members in the face to show my appreciation for them.

Never mind that. I concentrated a bit and it wasn't hard to understand.
I totally agree with you too. And I very much encourage people to step up to a band to show some honest appreciation, 'cause I'm afraid bands get more of the people that you described than an honest "thank you" or little talk from a real fan
:oops::oops: it was what i mean shortly!

I would like to show my appreciation to Katatonia by getting drunk with them and acting like a fucking moron, and saying "I love you guys, you guys are fucking cool as as shit"

Then I would proceed to punch the band members in the face to show my appreciation for them.

Yea I'd be kinda the same and then they would tell in all of the interviews about "the most idiotic fan they have ever met and who made a complete fool of himself". :D