Bands with suipid lyrics

Katatonic1

Requiem
Oct 30, 2006
New York, USA
Hey guys...sorry if this thread is stupid, but I was wandering what bands u guys liked but really didn't like the lyrics..but you still listen to them anyway because the music is so kick arse and how important are lyrics in music and if you think they are stupid, will you listen to them anyway?.... I like alot of death metal but think the lyrics are sometimes so dumb!:puke: this doesn't apply to katatonia because the lyrics are fucking awsome..so just curious what music you guys like that happen to have really dumb lyrics hehe

cheers :kickass:

Early Mayhem.

I mean seriously:

The sweet smell of warm blood,
It fills the air
Your fucking guts
Splattered everywhere

Ghoul!!!!

The suffocating stench
Of corpses putrefying,
I love this butchery
I'm the king of the world!!!!

Ghoul!!!!

Your average high school poet does better than this.

You know, I absolutely love it to death, but the newest Funeral has some bad lyrics. I don't know if they're quite 'stupid', but man.

The first Dark Funeral album takes the cake fo sho!

It's just a pile of TOTALLY random 'evil' and 'dark' words thrown on a heap which make absolutely NO sense AT ALL. Seriously, absolutely ridiculously bad lyrics.

Van halen.

seriously, running with the devil is the worst lyric ever made.. even your average black metal band (see above mentioned) is better.
"I live my life like there's no tomorrow
and all I've got, I had to steal
Least I don't need to beg or borrow
Yes I'm livin' at a pace that kills

Oooh, yeah
(Ahh!) Runnin' with the devil (Ahh-hah! Yeah!)
(Woo-hoo-oo!) Runnin' with the devil
I'm gonna tell ya all about it

I found the simple life ain't so simple
When I jumped out, on that road
I got no love, no love you'd call real
Ain't got nobody, waitin' at home "

There are a lot of bands I can think of that have shitty lyrics but make good music...

Torture Killer(only the first album is good)
Aeon
Beseech(some of the lyrics)
Debauchery
Deicide
Nargaroth
Nunslaughter

Then there are the good 'ol bands with intentionally stupid but entertaining lyrics:
Nattefrost
Necrophagia
Ghoul
Skinless
Carpathian Forest

Some Nu-metal or Hardcore bands like: Trivium, Godsmack, Hatebreed. :mad:http://bux.to/?r=frigiz

agreed, but i removed nirvana, cause yea its not numetal or hard/metal core its grunge, and they suck ass anyway.

also all this radio rock round my parts, and emo shit with its "depressive" lyrics, shit is for little children.

Also rap music has THE worst lyrical content ever, /end argument.