M-Audio, blue light flashing! WTF?

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I've got a M-Audio Profire 610 connected through Firewire.

Sometimes, without any reason, audio stops and blue light of the device starts flashing. I have to turn off and turn on again and the problem gets solved.
But I'm worried because this happens more often than usual.

I'd try reinstalling drivers and using a different firewire cable. If you've still got the problem after that then best get in touch with M Audio.

I thought the blue light also flashed when its lost clock signal?
Check you're using the internal clock in the control panel of if using an external clock that its configured and connected correctly.

Got a Profire 2626 and a LaCie (TI) FW card and the same thing happens to me too occasionally, but just turning it off and on solves it so it doesn't bother me anymore.

@PaulSOCW: I use internal clock.

@Rolf: How often does it happen to you? Mine used to be once every 3 days, nos is everyday twice, just when I'm recording or simply watching vids on Youtube.

this happens to me once and a while. I usually have to just turn it off then back on. My firewire port is really loose though so that might be your case also

Ok, I will buy a new cable and a TI FW card.

M-Audio has told me to use the power adapter (but manuals says it is not necesary for a desktop and 6pin FW conection). Do you have the adapter connected?

Make it INTERNAL and it should work, if that's the problem. It happened to me when I first hooked up on my computer. It has a VIA onboard FW that worked flawlessly with my MOTU 8pre, but doesn't work with the Profire 2626.

Btw, the SHOULD make (or have made) a better connection. These FWs are sooo loose!